Exoterra for panther

Discussion in 'Enclosures And Supplies' started by Codycooper82, May 17, 2018.

1. Codycooper82

Codycooper82 Member

Hey so I was interested in getting a exoterra for a juvenile/adult male panther and was wondering which one I should get.

2. Syreptyon

Syreptyon Avid Member

In most cases, screen cages are the better starting point if you're new to chameleons. Glass works, but is riskier. I recommend using the search bar and doing your own research for questions like this that are very easily answered

3. Codycooper82

Codycooper82 Member

I’m semi new I’ve had a veiled for about a year and a half now and I’m getting a new Ambilobe tomorrow. I have a screen enclosure setup right now I just think I would be able to manage humidity and heat a lot better with a glass enclosure.

4. lycan_megura0523

lycan_megura0523 Established Member

I have 2 panthers an Ambilobe and an Ambaja I have them both in screen cages I have a Reptifogger attached to both cages to keep up humidity and they I also mist 3-4 times a day and the humidity stays pretty much between 45-50 glass enclosures while nice can cause a lot of problems with a chameleons respiratory system. the stagnant air can cause infections that could turn dangerous and even fatal. I would highly recommend that you stick with a screen cage.