Exo-Terra's cheap at petco

Raphael1047

Established Member
Did anybody else see the exo-terra mistake on the petco website? The price of the large tall exo-terra is $25.99 originally $379.99. They forgot the other 9 making it $259.99. I heard this on Facebook and they said they called petco and petco said they will not honor the ad. Crossing my fingers in the hopes that they honor the ad. I bought three just in case, what is the worst that can happen they refund me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 235
Too bad noone has the funds to try to go after them for false advertisement. They'd be forced to honor every purchase made until the sale ends. Wouldn't matter what they'd want to put in the fine print especially since it's not the first time this has happened. Being that it's becoming a trend they'd have to honor their sales and advertised prices plus their internet sales team might pay more attention.

I don't get the "I got to get mine" mentality. It seems like an honest mistake not a deliberate attempt to fool the public.

Jason

The site is fixed now with the correct price, I tried to buy one as well.. I don't need one but I thought what the heck.

I am sure there was a MAD rush of people buying them.. It may take a while for them to sort through all the orders and cancel them...which I am sure that is what will happen

Too bad noone has the funds to try to go after them for false advertisement. They'd be forced to honor every purchase made until the sale ends. Wouldn't matter what they'd want to put in the fine print especially since it's not the first time this has happened. Being that it's becoming a trend they'd have to honor their sales and advertised prices plus their internet sales team might pay more attention.

Yeah false advertising isn't really about prices. It's more about not lying about the product, like saying "Guinness makes you healthy" is false advertising. This was just a website pricing error.

Back
Top Bottom