Exo terra vines?

About the vines, if I get some clean ones with no algae or moss or lichen can I just throw them in my enclosure? Or spray them with H2O2?

We do have a general pet store that sells crickets. Definitely NOT a reptile store, but I do get some kind of credit every time I get crix there. Something like 10-20 free crix per 100 (guessing—I don't follow it that closely).
Yeah, true reptile only stores, there is one small one that mainly just sells reptiles, one that specializes in reptiles and amphibians but again mainly just sells the animals, and the third is a general pet store. I've got one pet store I can go to for reptile supplies, but it's limited stock. There use to be more, but aquariums and exotic animals aren't a big thing here, it is growing though. At most it's a single 15 foot aisle for all reptile supplies, a large chunk of which is Zoomed or Exoterra.

About the vines, if I get some clean ones with no algae or moss or lichen can I just throw them in my enclosure? Or spray them with H2O2?
This would probably be something Klyde could answer, I would tag them, but currently the website is fighting me. I can't really forage materials where I live that are suitable for chams, so I don't know, but I would assume they would need to be cleaned and such.

Last edited:
Good reminder. Our back 4 are lousy with wild grapevines; I just haven't been back there in a while.
Vineyards are still a great source for the woods-challenged or for more mature (i.e. woody) vines.
For sureeeee
I’ll have to send pictures of the vines I got yesterday after I put them together but I also found this English Ivy growing on a tree and it looked cool
53CD0C70-6D44-4D60-9F40-880691CAF4EE.jpeg

The furry vines made me lowkey uncomfortable but it gives you an idea of what grows out here

I have predominantly ivy vines in my chameleons enclosure and no ill effects to note, I don't free range feeders as much as possible. I also have 2 of the aforementioned exo terror 😱😱 vines as well. Rest is dead branches of cherry &oak with 8 plants some of which are now vining nicely.

Closest grape vines I know of are in British Columbia. I'm low-key jelly that you guys have easy to access vines.
Yeah I guess I do really take that for granted. I’ve got Muscadine, Blueberry, lots of other things and I’ve never had to pay for them. If there is a way for me to ship some out to you and you’re interested then we can definitely arrange for that. But to be on the safe side you might wanna wait until it gets colder down here to decrease chances of things being on the wood.

Back
Top Bottom