Exo terra vines?

If you live in the Southeastern United States you can find muscadine vines everywhere and they’re safe just dry them out and clean them beforehand. They grow legit everywhere, just don’t take more than you need.
I wish lol I live in Alberta, to my knowledge, no native vine plants that would work.

But why use the Exo Terra vines at all (especially since you have a following that’ll copy your every move)?
They’ve probably got their reasons. For instance I’m using fragments of fake vines temporarily to hold my branches together. Maybe Gingero is using them to keep the branch scape steady, maybe it’s hard to get real vines so fake is a necessary.
Also they said live plants and branches. That doesn’t mean they use exo terra lol

what if one day we all put in a little money and went to Madagascar together, we could see wild chams and see what plants are in their environment. We could also get to know each other! (just wait 5 years lol)
Why didn’t any of us think about that! I’m in!!! 😂

Trust me, your way is but unfortunately I don't live where you are so I have to adapt to the resources that are available. I also live in an area that is low humidity so free ranging is a no go for me even though I would love to do a free range setup.
Huh? :confused: Everyone has to adapt to available resources, and what does free ranging have to do with fake vs. real vines?
In all honesty, I wanted to go and make my bioactive build as close to a Panther chameleons natural environment as possible, but it's not easy getting plants native to Madagascar where I live so I had to modify it. By the way @Klyde O'Scope, your bias is showing.
Bias toward living plants & vines over fake? Yes. :confused:

Last edited:
Huh? :confused: Everyone has to adapt to available resources, and what does free ranging have to do with fake vs. real vines?

Bias toward living plants & vines over fake? Yes. So what? :confused:
I see what he’s saying about adapting to resources it may just be harder for him being in Canada to get certain supplies. I get legit vines and all the tropical plants I want half of the year where I live and he probably can only get temperate plants apart from evergreens

So you don't have plant pots? Zip ties? I mean, you probably have a misting nozzle or two in there.

FWIW I use plants and grapevines, no fake vines anymore or anything...but I do have plastic in there in the form of pots and zip ties and misting nozzles. I guess the point is we are keeping chameleons in captivity so there's trade offs, and provided those trade offs don't harm them and allow us to provide a safe environment, they're OK.
I'm pretty sure you know I was talking about PLANTS & VINES.

I don't disagree; if fake vegetation is one of those tradeoffs, I don't consider it worth the risk.

I see what he’s saying about adapting to resources it may just be harder for him being in Canada to get certain supplies. I get legit vines and all the tropical plants I want half of the year where I live and he probably can only get temperate plants apart from evergreens
What are these elusive supplies? Tropical plants? It doesn't appear so.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=tropical+plants+alberta

In fact, some of those look better than what I have access to.

I'm pretty sure you know I was talking about PLANTS & VINES.

I don't disagree; if fake vegetation is one of those tradeoffs, I don't consider it worth the risk.
I wasn't sure but this makes sense thanks for clarifying and sorry I was dense. I think fake plants or vines can be okay in some situations, like in a temporary parasite quarantine situation or with Panthers. But I agree it's riskier than just using plants and vines that are natural and safe for chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom