Exo Terra Monsoon vs Misty King

Status
Not open for further replies.
mistking is da bomb!

I inquired about mist systems and it came down to Aquazamp and Mistking. After reading peoples endorsements, and checking with my chams breeder I decided Mistking was the way to go. Everyone was right, it is a great system and Marty really is on top of the customer service, available to answer any and all questions. Can't lose with Mistking.

This is an easy one. Right now - Monsoon has been pulled because it has a constant drip at the end (this is being fixed). It is a cool unit for the price - but the timer, the nozzles and the pump itself are superior through the MistKing than the Monsoon. Again - if you just have one or two cages, the Monsoon is a great little unit. Comparing the two though is apples to oranges in quality. We carry BOTH products and have had them side by side. The NEW monsoon should be out sometime next month with the drip issue hopefully fixed though - so if you want a monsoon - WAIT until they are back on our website - as that will be the new batch. Hope this helps!

Scott
LLLReptile & Supply
www.LLLReptile.com
Facebook.com/LLLReptile

I just looked on your site is that the new updated Monsoon for sale or is it the old model??:confused:

OK, sorry i'm so late to the convo basically I can tell you what has happened to me and you can go from there. I can not tell you anything about aquazamp as that is the only misting system I have not owned I am a new owner and yet some how I have managed to go through 3 misting systems. Anyway I began with the Habba mist only as a "rental" until my monsoon came and when I got it I loved it things were perfect for about 2 months if even that then one day one head just started spraying not misting spraying basically like the habba (which by the way the motor burned out on me 2 days before I was heading to the beach for the weekend) and then the other head started to do it so I tried to clean them thinking that would work and well no go it got worse I ended up having to take the heads off and let the water just pour out of them and down the plants I have in the cage...the minute this happened I ordered a mist king and I should have done it from the start this thing is like a tank and the monsoon like a Prius the timer with the mistking is amazing I work stupid hours sometimes and would have to call someone to turn off my monsoon with the mistking timer its a thing of the past please don't make the same mistakes I did just order a mistking save yourself the headache. My selling point for the thing is it's great I don't even know Marty(i'm sure your great) but the point is I wont ever have to know him because I wont have any problems with the mistking system. Hope this helps and by the way Marty if I ever do you see you your getting a hug thank you so much for giving me a dependable system and piece of mind.

Thanks Helios... if anything should go wrong, I've got your back, so no worries ;-)

mist king different prices or just one?

so let me get this straight...there is a 100 dollar mistking? or is tht just my imagination? i see 3 different pumps is tht different sizes for the money or what? im thinking of buying a mister but i dont have the money to go big rite now:D

I am also looking for an auto misting system, read that Mistking is a good one, but I wonder the duration of misting, can it adjust to mist for a few sec, since my terrarium is only 12 x 12 x 18, a small one, just need to mist for a few sec each time and it is enough.

I consider the fact that the MistKing doesn't tie you down with a supplied reservoir that must be used a huge plus.

Some folks mist multiple cages for a long duration numerous times a day, requiring a very large reservoir. I currently mist one cage, four times a day for relatively short durations, so I use a smaller container. It is a 6"x6x12" plastic container with cover that holds 4.5L that I found at a restaurant supply house. It fits perfectly on the shelf of the small table my cage sits on, right next to the pump. No all-in-one system I know of would ever fit in that space. You can't beat the versatility.

As far as being complex, the MistKing set-up only looks that way, it is really quite simple. Pick a container for a reservoir, drill a hole for the bulkhead fitting and screw it into the container. Connect a length of the supplied plastic hose between the pump and reservoir (they have push-in connectors). Connect another length of hose between the pump and the spray head. Plug the pump into the nifty little timer you get (don't forget to program it!) add water and you are there.

MistKing has full instructions on their website and Marty is always checking in here and answering questions. Being able to correspond with the guy that owns the company is a huge benefit. Plus they have a lot of items in their catalog should you wish to expand.

It is one of the best purchases I have made and I'd be lost without it now.
spot on! you forgot to mention how easy it is to add more cages

We have the new monsoon....got it at a USARK auction. Honestly I got it to check it out. Thus far....it works great for my frilled dragons, love that it is super quiet and yes it comes in a great package. However with that being said....I find things like this are not built to last on a long time basis. Also it has a timer system however you can only set it up to go off for so long....every certain amount of hours you want. Hence.....it will continue to go off during the night (which is what I don't like) However...so far it is working fine.....we shall see.

I also just bought an AquaZamp...new company just came out. They are made in the USA which is their marketing tecnique. Now...the motor is great however it is a shaker. The whole system shakes as they have the motor strapped onto a bucket for the water. It is cheaper than mist king and I believe it is built to last a while. My other complaint is that the domes that came with it are made from halved out milk jugs. Too light to handle the shaking of the system. Easily converted with a couple of plastic dollar store bowls and a drill. It has a timing system that can be set up on a daily basis to go off and on when you want. Its a smidge confusing ...but then again I can be a bit blonde....lol. :rolleyes:

I will be buying a mist king at the Anaheim show so I will keep you updated on my thoughts if interested. I plan to use the mist king on the frills and then just use the monsoon for the crested geckos. I fully intend to at this point to probably like the mist king a bit better based on all that I have read....

Are the mist kings available here in the UK? We're looking in to getting a chameleon but regular hand misting would be difficult with us both working full time.

hey everyone im new to this site and the whole reptile thing, i just purchased my monsoon yesterday and by reading this seems like mist king is the way to go, i never took the monsoon out of the box so i will be seanding it back and getting a mist king, does anyone know of a site that has them that can over night them to me? need this setup to wrap up the cages before my little guys get here, anyone recomend witch setup from mist king i should go with? ill be running 2x cages possibly 4x in the future, thanks to all nice meeting some of you thanks for your help.

next day

Marty at Mistking is hecka cool. I'm sure if you ask him he will send you a link to a retailer closer to you that you can order from. He sent me 2 different links to try and get cheaper shipping than directly from him. It's expensive to ship from Canada if your not ordering the entire system. I was just ordering a new nozzle so I could add to my existing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom