Exo Terra Monsoon vs Misty King

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I wanted to know if I could do with a MartyKing, rather MISTKing system. Can I put the pump on top of the bucket as shown here and run the tube up?

162659_608624754130_17900489_34650080_2111332_n2_270x0.jpg

This is what I wanted to know if I could do with a MartyKing, rather MISTKing system. Can I put the pump on top of the bucket as shown here and run the tube up?

You can, however possibility of running into priming issues is higher. I personally prefer when gravity feeds the water to the pump (without pump needing to suck it up). I also like to take water about an inch from the bottom, this way you won't suck in any debris that may have fallen in. If you run out of water in the reservoir and your pump runs dry, the pump head will be empty. When you add water back to the reservoir and turn on the system, it may be difficult for the pump to suck up water. Yes, pump is self priming, when output is unobstructed, but the nozzles that are connected at the end of the tubing will restrict/block the outlets with their check-valves. It's like having a thumb at the end of the hose and expecting the pump to prime itself. When on the other hand you have a pump that's lower than the reservoir and you have water flowing into the pump it's much easier for the pump to 'suck' the water in, eliminating any priming issues. Nevertheless, you can try putting the pump on top... quoting "Anchor Man" 60% of the time it should work every time :D

Pump is temporarily on the floor until I mount it on the wall:eek:

Not crazy about having any water device on a hardwood floor. Whatever it may be, in my book it's not worth the risk. Should anything happen you'll be in trouble. Best practice is to expect the worst. I had an expensive BOSCH dishwasher leak in the kitchen, went down the vent and into finished basement. Also had an RO system leak at full pressure for a few hours, while we were out. Best policy is not to trust any appliance on an expensive floor. Better safe than sorry.

I fully understand...
I just got the system & it's in a temporary location until I mount it properly behind the stand.

I had my share of RO leaks.....hence the water alarm mounted above the bin:eek:

nice..makes me just feel that much better about going martyking (mistking)...im actually going to look into the resivoir flot valve refiller..it would be a nice addition, and less work in the end, more enjoyment time..

Mistking works great for me, and they r a site sponsor i dont see exo-terra helping out the forum...

Couldn't have said it better. I mean both systems will work but the mistaking is superior and like you said they're a site sponsor. I'd go with someone who is a site sponsor over someone who isnt.

Okay...this has helped me decide...I am going for the Mist King for sure now. Just seems to be way easier to maintain and built of higher quality materials etc. All of these folks can't be wrong!... I only have my one panther chameleon, but all the misting by hand is getting old, and the drippers don't seem to be enough as he is a bit dehydrated (orange in his urate) So...gonna invest in this, he's worth it! ;)

Is it best to buy directly from Mist King? or are there other places to purchase it? Where is the best deal?...Not averse to spending some money, but who doesn't like a better deal if one can be found?

thanks!

I have looked everywhere for a better deal on the Mistking and $99 is what it is everywhere and some places even more. I decided a while back the Mistking is what I am going to get I am just going to wait until I get Ozzies screen setup!

i made my own rain system, works great! i dont have the $ for a mister right now. But when i was looking i was going to go with the monsoon, and your right it was pure aesthetic appeal lol. It just seemd more ... convenient and it looked cool lol.
But reading this has defiantly changed my mind!
A video on why the mist king really is king would def be cool! and good advertisement, Especially if you compared it to crap like the habba mist ... it would sell itself!

Okay, just hooked up my Monsoon (easy peasy). Bought it from LLL a month or so ago and they shipped me one of the first new ones once they came in (thank you Scott!).

As mentioned earlier, nozzle mounting comes with suction cups, designed for glass terrariums. However, I realized this can easily be adapted to screen terrariums (I mounted to a standard 24" x 24" x 48" screen cage). The suction cup is affixed to the nozzle assembly by a pressure mount to a ribbed post. I removed the suction cup, poked a very small hole in the top of cage in the corner (where I was mounting the nozzle), pushed the post that the suction cup was mounted to through that hole and then put the suction cup back onto the post as a means of securring it to the screen. I only cut a small enough hole that I actually had to force the post through the screen a little bit.

This did require two people (one to hold the nozzle and one to push the suction cup on) as my arms were not long enough to hold both simultaneously (OK, I could do the one on the door opening side; I needed help on the one on the hinge side).

This does leave an upside-down suction cup on the top of the cage (well, two since there are two nozzles), but since the only way they will be seen on my setup is if one stood on a ladder. However, if you are worried about the visual impact, you could always use a knife to cut the unused suction-cup part off, leaving just the "mounting" portion.

I cut another small hole in the side of the screen cage to insert the hose through. I found it easier to re-attach the hose to the nozzle before mounting the nozzle as described above.

Karma loved her first spraying and only a couple of drips after shutoff. We have three chameleons in separate cages in various parts of the house, so I will need to get three separate systems. I will get a MistKing starter system next so that I can compare.

I am definitely picking up mistkings starter product as I only have a single panther, but I am surprised after must research around to have not heard too many people, if any, mention pro-products misting system....

I was initially going to do a DIY project but how can you beat a product thats already had the time and testing put in to it for that price! I'll save the aggrevation for something else :)

Okay, just hooked up my Monsoon (easy peasy). Bought it from LLL a month or so ago and they shipped me one of the first new ones once they came in (thank you Scott!).

As mentioned earlier, nozzle mounting comes with suction cups, designed for glass terrariums. However, I realized this can easily be adapted to screen terrariums (I mounted to a standard 24" x 24" x 48" screen cage). The suction cup is affixed to the nozzle assembly by a pressure mount to a ribbed post. I removed the suction cup, poked a very small hole in the top of cage in the corner (where I was mounting the nozzle), pushed the post that the suction cup was mounted to through that hole and then put the suction cup back onto the post as a means of securring it to the screen. I only cut a small enough hole that I actually had to force the post through the screen a little bit.

This did require two people (one to hold the nozzle and one to push the suction cup on) as my arms were not long enough to hold both simultaneously (OK, I could do the one on the door opening side; I needed help on the one on the hinge side).

This does leave an upside-down suction cup on the top of the cage (well, two since there are two nozzles), but since the only way they will be seen on my setup is if one stood on a ladder. However, if you are worried about the visual impact, you could always use a knife to cut the unused suction-cup part off, leaving just the "mounting" portion.

I cut another small hole in the side of the screen cage to insert the hose through. I found it easier to re-attach the hose to the nozzle before mounting the nozzle as described above.

Karma loved her first spraying and only a couple of drips after shutoff. We have three chameleons in separate cages in various parts of the house, so I will need to get three separate systems. I will get a MistKing starter system next so that I can compare.

not for nothing but for all that work, couldnt you just order a screen wedge from mistking and used that with your nozzle assembly? Also if your nozzles wouldnt work with the wedge then just buy a couple of his nozzles as well, that way you have your great working monsoon mister and his nozzles and wedge in perfect working harmony.:D
http://www.mistking.com/screen-top-wedge.html

I have used the Monsoon for a month now and love it, no drips and no issues even tempted to hook it up to my R.O. system via float valve, I have installed one on my reef tank sump and my freshwater fish tank and to my fridge aswell, and love the automation, keeps things consistant. I beleive mistking is just as nice if not stronger equipment, it is kind of tuff to compare at two different price points. ;)

i just purchased a MistKing myself. I feel that it was a gggrreeaaatt investment. i no longer have to worry about my cham when i am out of the house for awhile. i know he is getting misted ontime everytime. The MistKing is a very relieable product and produces a very light fine mist. My cham did not really enjoy being misted by a water bottle becuase it is a much heavier mist compaired to the MistKing. Now that i have the MistKing set up he will actually walk towards the mist sometimes, he really doesnt mind it. i picked one up for $110 total with shiping from mistdepot.com. great company very quick shipping and ships from U.S. not canada. also i would have to suggest not to purchase anyother mister. all mister are over a $100,so dont waste your money and make a mistake. just buy the best mister right off the bat and buy the MistKing.

I ended up going with the Aquazamp due to unprofessional business from a website where I was going to purchase the Mistking.......I actually canceled my order due to after my order was placed and payed for the person selling the Mistking went up on the shipping ALOT!

I am not sure who the nutcase is that quoted me above but he is probably the person that I canceled my order from who I would NOT recommend to anyone to buy from him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom