Excited for our new male to arrive next week!

dshuld

Chameleon Enthusiast
We have a new addition arriving next week :D. A young wc male ambilobe that we have decided to call Odin. We can't wait to see him in person :love:.

received_2052510285021392.jpeg

So a little update, Odin is going to his vet appointment tomorrow. I know we will be leaving with medication for sure though sadly. He has had four visible worms in four different stool samples since last Thursday. Hoping we've caught it at the early stages though. So keeping my fingers crossed for the little guy on that front. He he a few bits of stuck shed when he arrived but he has worked most of what was left off.

Other then that he has been a dream temperament wise for a wc male. Considering he is in a "bare bones" quarantine setup currently he has taken the move from Madagascar to NY to Fl like a champ. Currently he has a big mass cane and pothos with about 34 feet of dowel rod to move around on inside his reptibreeze xl. Once quarantine and meds are finished he'll get setup "properly" with more foliage to move about in of course.

And lastly, a few pics since he's been here.

20180503_142528-1-1.jpg 20180503_144150-1.jpg 20180504_110032-1.jpg 20180509_085130.jpg 20180511_193707.jpg

Man he is stunning! You always find such amazin chameleons to add to you collection! Great job picking this one!!!

Thanks, he is a handsome little guy. He has a hidden surprise in there that I haven't told you about too :p. I've only seen him semi fire twice though so not made public what I've seen yet :rolleyes:. Hoping he carries this into his adult colors though because the two times he's shown it I was like :love::eek::D:eek::D:love:. There is a slight clue in the last of those pics nothing even remotely close to what he's actually shown me those two times. Sadly my phone wasn't around or I'd have taken a pic :(.

So time for an update here I suppose since I shared an updated pic on the other thread. He had his final panacur treatment last Tuesday for the worms I found in his stool (y). He's shown no visible worms since the initial seven I found and shown "no signs present" for eggs, or anything else for that matter, in any of the samples I've dropped off for the lab to check. So (y)(y) for little guy letting me get him through that so soon after arriving with no biting lol.

As noted in the other thread, he had his first complete shed with me on 6-8 and completed it successfully. Again, stoked it didn't take long to sort that problem out for him either. He definitely had a "fired up" color shift after the shed. He still shows his greens and reds at rest but has turned to more ybbb when firing. His silver in his bars has disappeared in favor of baby blue/ teal. I was hoping he'd retain the silver but he is still awesome none the less and I'm glad to have him in my care.

He is starting show signs of becoming a "teenager" as of yesterday morning though. I went to get him out for some sun yesterday and he had a strong territorial response for the first time :D. After a couple strikes he crawled right up my arm like he usually does and outside we went. So hopefully this coming receptive showing from Frija he will be up to performing the task Bort wouldn't with her.

20180616_193144-1-1.jpg

Thanks, I couldn't have asked for a better first untreated not completely acclimated wc. Though he is my second wc, the first had already been treated and acclimated for several months before me getting her. He was watching monkey when I took this pic lol. She is a very friendly "neighborhood" cat that likes to come over for attention while I'm outside letting the chams sun themselves.

Thanks, I have high hopes for him. Even if I don't get any babies from him any time soon, it was still worth it just for the experiences I've had with him already. Before him I've not had to deal with any having worms or coming in with shed issues. He has certainly given me a boost in confidence when it comes to working with these beauties lol.

Figured I would update this thread with a pic before posting in the naturalistic thread. This pic was taken last week when he met Frija for the first time. He's been on the naturalistic hydration method for ~ ten of the ~ 12 weeks he's been here. He is starting to haze up for his next shed so I'm excited to see what changes will come about with it. This pic makes him look so tiny though lol.
20180730_203746-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom