Update on my adventure with Entamoeba Invadens

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello All,

So far I have some positive things to share regarding my fun adventure with Entamoeba.....

My male panther (Treebeard) was diagnosed with Entamoeba Invadens on 3/10. He finished taking his medication several weeks ago. It was recommended that after he completed his medication to get his next 3 poops tested for the parasite. His first poop has come back negative and now we are just in a waiting stage for his 2nd and 3rd poops to hopefully also come back negative. (Fingers crossed).

While I am waiting I got all of his new branches ready as well as all of his new pots and plants. I am anxiously waiting until we have the clear from our vet so I can re-do his enclosure and am excited to see how it looks when it's completed.

I monitor him closely and he seems to be doing good so far. (Again fingers crossed)

When my boy was originally diagnosed with this parasite, I did a lot of research and it turns out that it is very contagious. As a safety precaution, I got my veiled girl (Kitty Kat) tested (3 consecutive poops) to ensure I didn't accidentally pass this parasite on to her as well. Last week was the last of her 3 fecal tests and all of them were negative!

I am hopeful that things will continue in a positive direction and that I will see my chams live long healthy lives.

Also sharing some old and new photos of my babies because I am obsessed :)

Attachments

• IMG-6369.jpg
    IMG-6369.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-6550.jpg
    IMG-6550.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-6564.jpg
    IMG-6564.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-6619.jpg
    IMG-6619.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 63
Good morning chameleon friends! I have fantastic news! Treebeard's 3rd and final fecal test came back negative for Entamoeba Invadens!!!! I am so excited and happy! I am spending the morning redoing his enclosure so he has a nice place to live again and after, we will celebrate by giving him an extra bug treat. :)

Good morning chameleon friends! I have fantastic news! Treebeard's 3rd and final fecal test came back negative for Entamoeba Invadens!!!! I am so excited and happy! I am spending the morning redoing his enclosure so he has a nice place to live again and after, we will celebrate by giving him an extra bug treat. :)
YAHOO!! So happy for your little guy and you!! 🥳

Back
Top Bottom