Enclosure ideas that may help you

Matthew43s

Established Member
So as most of you know, KP my 5 month old vieled, just got his new 24x24x48 enclosure in last Friday. Ever since I got it, i’ve Been plotting and designing the inside of his enclosure. I wanted something that would be easy to work with, cause as little damage as possible to the actual cage itself (considering I demolished the small enclosure ziptying stuff to the side) and have something that could hold up a considerable amount of weight, make it bug tight so I won’t have to worry about feeders escaping, drainage, and also keep the astetic aspect as close to natural as possible.

So this is what I have so far.

I used an expandable bamboo fence I bought at Home Depot for the sides, so I can attach all of my vines, limbs, and my feeder cup, while also adding a nice climbing surface, got the idea from someone on here and will add them once I remember who it was. I used small zip ties to secure it to the walls and you can’t even tell that a zip tie went through the screen.

Planning on hanging a pothos at the top of the enclosure and drape the vines and intertwine them into the bamboo fence. Adding a scheffelera to the middle section and i’m Gonna add a decent sized croton to the bottom to fill up the enclosure and add some nice color. But I figured maybe these ideas could help someone. Any questions just ask!

40675149-08A9-4310-804A-696B8E71F2CB.jpeg
42DAC078-39D8-4F86-8B57-8ABBAD6F37AA.jpeg
8191E5E4-3538-4622-AD4D-15699A482CE4.jpeg
90022E4A-198C-4522-876E-A1121E8BF281.jpeg

It looks pretty good!!! Looks like I missed the last thread, looking to work on a new chameleon enclosure soon, definitely looks cool!!!:):p:D:p:D:)!

@CamrynTheCham22 I purchased the lattice at Home Depot, used a dremal tool to cut it in half and also trimmed some of the ends so it would fit snug, 48” tall it fits pretty snug It’d be a bit of work to make that lol

It looks pretty good!!! Looks like I missed the last thread, looking to work on a new chameleon enclosure soon, definitely looks cool!!!:):p:D:p:D:)!

Haha thanks CJ! I appreciate that. Hopefully it ends up looking the way I have it imagined. I’ll have to say, I got my inspiration and ideas from @Monta Cham enclosure

What's going to stop the crickets from falling out the bottom or the feces, etc with that grating you have there?

If you zoom in you can see that I have added some window screen over the top of the eggcrate so that none of the critters would escape. This thing is pretty sealed so far.

So I just picked up my schefflera today got a pretty good sized one, it takes up a lot more of the enclosure then I expected. Still have to decide where I want to place it.

I have a pothos that’s going to be hanging from the top of the enclosure with it’s vines extendinh downwards over the branches and through the lattice, I think it’s gonna end up looking really cool.
FCC79433-BEBA-4702-9F6C-F2CFA34D238E.jpeg
237595BE-8EA4-4CB5-8C6C-3F047B8E716B.jpeg
6B1EF015-FFE2-4DF2-B445-69194CFB80D6.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
One of the hanging pothos added, have one more big one that’s currently in KP’s smaller enclosure to add.

All I had to do was drill some holes around the peremiter of the pot, then weave some hemp cord in and out around the rim and then make a handle, which I could then hang on the lattice.

This thing makes life so much easier. So far I don’t have any damage done to the enclosure itself. Which is awesome

Looks amazing!!! Looks like I will have to be working on a new enclosure soon, was the wood lattice a pain at all? I'm trying to debate whether to put it in or not.

Looks amazing!!! Looks like I will have to be working on a new enclosure soon, was the wood lattice a pain at all? I'm trying to debate whether to put it in or not.

Not at all, I highly recommend using the lattice, it’s cheap, durable, takes up very little space and an insanely convienant way to hang whatever you want to hang inside of the enclosure. It also ads a nice climbing structure, and the opening are large enough if a feeder does get loose it won’t go unseen behind it. It’s honestly making life with this little project easier, buy one and split it, 15 bucks is a small price to pay to keep away a lot of head aches/wear and tear on the enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom