Ellie, Veiled Chameleon :) & new forum member

msemily26

This is my female veiled chameleon, Ellie....she's about a year old...just thought I'd have her say hello with a picture here :)

~Emily

Attachments

• 317599_969347343101_11010547_44018164_1765259500_n.jpg
    317599_969347343101_11010547_44018164_1765259500_n.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 118
Welcome Emily. Looks like Ellie has her spoon and is waiting on dinner. A very cute picture. Glad the 2 of you joined us, and enjoy the forum.

Welcome! She is very cute :D just want to touch on something that catches my eye though.

it looks like her front arm is bent, did she have an injury? Is it the bone or is it just the picture? Just wondering because MBD is a big issue with chameleons and want to be safe rather than sorry :)

Hi Laurie,

Thank you, we're both very excited to be a part of this chameleon community...it's so helpful to have a place of reference & information pertaining for all chameleons, and I love looking at other people's chameleons/hearing their stories + any advice they can offer...so supportive :)

Take care,

Emily

Welcome to CF!
Super glad to have you with us.:)

So was that the silver spoon she had in her mouth when she was born?
If so thats rare, because all the chameleons I know act like they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, but cant actually back up the claim.
:D

Welcome! She is very cute :D just want to touch on something that catches my eye though.

it looks like her front arm is bent, did she have an injury? Is it the bone or is it just the picture? Just wondering because MBD is a big issue with chameleons and want to be safe rather than sorry :)
Hello! You definitely know your stuff about chameleons because you're right, she has had MBD, courtesy of the store I purchased her at (Petco), and the pet wholesaler/supplier they purchased her through (California Zoological Supply aka 'Calzoo...DO NOT EVER PURCHASE ANY ANIMALS FROM THEM EVER)....the pet store did not have her checked, nor did they notice anything wrong with her limbs...it was only when I took her in for a checkup at the vet that he diagnosed her having had MBD (though she is quite healthy now since I bought her, he stated), and 11 (yes, you read right, ELEVEN) previous fractures + broken bones in ALL FOUR OF HER LIMBS! This occurred approximately within the first six months or so of her life, according to the vet, and he said she was lucky to have survived because her bones repeatedly broke, yet her spine did not fracture/break at all...so she's a true fighter :) Thank you for being concerned though! that's why I love this community forum...what kind of chameleon do you have??

Welcome to CF!
Super glad to have you with us.:)

So was that the silver spoon she had in her mouth when she was born?
If so thats rare, because all the chameleons I know act like they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, but cant actually back up the claim.
:D
Hi there! I'm very happy to be here....I feel very welcomed! I wish I could say she did come with that silver spoon, but my veiled chameleon ''Ellie," has been through quite a lot...no silver spoon feeding for her...well, at least until I purchased her; I admittedly spoil her from time to time lol :)

Welcome to the chameleon forums Emily. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. Your Ellie is a doll! I love that picture. I had a veiled named Elly that just passed away last month and I still miss her so very much. I have a couple blogs I'm attaching for you below. The first is about general care and the second about egg laying and the laying bin. The girls can and often do lay eggs without a male even being around. Jann

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html

Hello Jann,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Elly...if you don't mind my asking, what happened & how old was she? And thank you for both the compliment and the blog attachments...Ellie was pregnant a few months ago, but apparently reabsorbed the eggs when I took her for a follow-up vet visit a couple months after learning about her pregnancy....never knew that was possible, but chameleons are full of surprises, right? I'm glad to have the information just in case she should be come pregnant again in the future...I appreciate it! :)

Hello Jann,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Elly...if you don't mind my asking, what happened & how old was she? And thank you for both the compliment and the blog attachments...Ellie was pregnant a few months ago, but apparently reabsorbed the eggs when I took her for a follow-up vet visit a couple months after learning about her pregnancy....never knew that was possible, but chameleons are full of surprises, right? I'm glad to have the information just in case she should be come pregnant again in the future...I appreciate it! :)

My little Elly passed away from complications from a prolapse. You can see her and read more info about it here. https://www.chameleonforums.com/elly-memorial-76255/

ps on a completely random note, your location says 'Bow, NH' and I was wondering if you have and/or still do live in Bow, because if so, I should say 'hello neighbor,' as I live in Bow myself! :)

Back
Top Bottom