How to transport Veiled Chameleon

oggcaleb

Hello, I have a female Veiled Chameleon that’s is roughly about a year old. Unfortunately I have to give her up due to living arrangements (the house we are renting is being sold, and our new house won’t allow reptiles in it). I wish there was a way to keep her, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. My sister who lives about 4 hours away is willing to take her. My question is what is the best way to transport her and will she be okay riding in a car for 4-5 hours? Thank you anyone for the help it is much appreciated

Hi! First off, I’m sorry you have to give up your girl. That’s never easy.

As for transporting: I take my guy to the vet a little over 2 hours one way. He ends up being in his box allll day ( usually much more than 4 hours). She will be just fine. Here’s what I do:

Get a small box and poke a stick through the sides closer to the bottom. This way the stick runs the entire length of the box poking out both sides. This will prevent the stick from moving during travel. Put your girl inside and close the top (with small air holes of course) it will be dark and she should go to sleep, and sleep the whole trip.

Hi! First off, I’m sorry you have to give up your girl. That’s never easy.

As for transporting: I take my guy to the vet a little over 2 hours one way. He ends up being in his box allll day ( usually much more than 4 hours). She will be just fine. Here’s what I do:

Get a small box and poke a stick through the sides closer to the bottom. This way the stick runs the entire length of the box poking out both sides. This will prevent the stick from moving during travel. Put your girl inside and close the top (with small air holes of course) it will be dark and she should go to sleep, and sleep the whole trip.
I do the same exact thing and it’s worked wonders!

I do something similar. It works great. I’m sorry you have to give up your girl. Sending you a virtual hug. ❤️

I take my boys to the vet in Orlando which is a 7 1/2 hour round trip for them. I use mesh pop-up laundry hampers with a fake vine zip-tied to it. I put a small towel in the bottom for any accidents, and cover the open top with another towel that I clothes pin shut to the top of the hamper. They are both fine in their hampers - when I get to the vet's office I move them into a shoebox with a vine in it to grab, so that I can carry them inside easily.

Back
Top Bottom