eggs not laying?

awh53

well wednesday coming i will of had my chameleon 28 days before i bought her she had been in with a male but had been on her own for about ten days
with her not interested in laying and not even looking at laying box a vet visit is arranged for wednesday
will the vet induce her to lay if not what can the vet do to help her?
she also has mbd which is being treated

I know that one members girl took something like five weeks to lay at one point, I can't quite remember who though. I'm not sure the vet can induce laying quite like a person, but a vet visit is always good. Why was she mated when she had mbd? That seems really irresponsible to me. Her little body must be under so much stress.

got her from a pet shop she was only diagnosed with mbd two weeks ago at a vet visit due to her falling of a branch twice at same time found out she had mbd showed up on x rays that she was full of eggs and mbd at same time

How do you know she was mated? Is your calcium supplementing correct? She's going to need lots of calcium and correct UVB lighting to get better. What did the vet do to help her?

It'd help if you filled out the how to ask for help form.

reguarding mating it must of been about 30 days ago as i have had her 26days and she was in with a male which was sold 7/10 days before i bought her from the pet shop (was only told this after ringing them back up)
she is being treated for mbd with zolcal-d daily and all food dusted with nutrabal
once she lays she i due for more x rays to see how bad mbd is
have spoken to vet (qualified reptile vet) and she will be going for a visit wednesday wether she lays or not
temps and set up are ok as have answered those questions before

all i wondered if anyone knew what the vet will do to help her lay

It normally takes 30ish days from mating to laying...isn't that about how many days it is now??

Has she been drinking more lately than normal? Eating less? Sitting lower in the cage? Sleeping during the day or not?

If she is late, the vet will likely give her a shot of calcium and then oxytocin to induce laying.

In the xray were the "eggs" round or oval?

Just to let you know as Kinyonga mentioned the norm is around 30 days. I have had them lay anywhere from 19 days to 50 days. However, many of my panthers take about 45 days and I recently had one lay on the 50th day (a record for me). I have another female right now at 54 days and she is going to a vet on Wed. also. Does anyone know how much the typical cham. x-ray costs and the oxytocin injection?

the x ray was taken two weeks ago tomorrow and the eggs seemed round not oval
she is constantly hungry eating like a pig not drinking more water than before

the cost of the consultation and x rays cost me £37.00p but thats in the uk

Back
Top Bottom