Egg yolk peritonitis

Yesterday was a week mark since starting Imelda’s meds. She’s moving around again and eating good. Here are the hopes they continue 0E29B081-6ACB-4798-BC67-33C0EFE639D3.jpeg

Last night I checked on Imelda and well she’s receptive. She laid less then 3 weeks ago, she’s going to need to surgery. Idk how much longer her body can take this. This is why supplements, lighting, and not over feeding is so important.

so what should I be expecting for surgery. Vet thinks since she’s not septic yet her chances for survival is greater but surgery is always a risk. @jannb @kinyonga

DA448A7F-9279-4A63-92C1-48F5DE757EB7.jpeg F7BEBCED-6ABD-491D-81E3-AA24A2BFF6D8.jpeg

Last night I checked on Imelda and well she’s receptive. She laid less then 3 weeks ago, she’s going to need to surgery. Idk how much longer her body can take this. This is why supplements, lighting, and not over feeding is so important.

so what should I be expecting for surgery. Vet thinks since she’s not septic yet her chances for survival is greater but surgery is always a risk.

View attachment 246746View attachment 246747

Dangit Imelda! Cool your jets!

@jannb has had several spayed, I think, she’s probably the best resource at this point.

I’m starting to wonder if Imeldas translucent morph has anything to do with her reproductive problems. Technically a morph is a genetic defect so maybe it’s messing with her reproductive organs somehow just a thought

You need a really good vet that has done this surgery before successfully, hopefully many times.
My prayers are always with your sweet girl. ❤️

What should I expect after surgery, I already have the great vet?

My girls all did well after surgery and came home from the hospital the next day. All took feeders before leaving the hospital, all but one, my parsonii female. She would not eat on her own after the surgery and passed two weeks post surgery. All my other girls went right back to their free range when the came home from the hospital and ate like normal. However, I did not wet the stitches and the first two weeks I dripped them with a plastic eye dropper, then started doing the eye dropper and their regular dripper. If the stitches get to wet they will come out to early. They need to stay in at least 4 weeks. My girl Lottie had the surgery around a year old and lived to be almost five. I do have an excellent vet, Dr. Douglas Mader. He is the author of all the reptile medicine and surgery books that all the vets use that try to work on Reptiles.

I would recommend setting up a hospital bin, just incase you need it. If you do surgery, do it now, before she gets to weak and she will have allot better chance.

so what should I be expecting for surgery. Vet thinks since she’s not septic yet her chances for survival is greater but surgery is always a risk. @jannb @kinyonga

View attachment 246746View attachment 246747

Well s**t.

Wishing you lots of luck!

My girls all did well after surgery and came home from the hospital the next day. All took feeders before leaving the hospital, all but one, my parsonii female. She would not eat on her own after the surgery and passed two weeks post surgery. All my other girls went right back to their free range when the came home from the hospital and ate like normal. However, I did not wet the stitches and the first two weeks I dripped them with a plastic eye dropper, then started doing the eye dropper and their regular dripper. If the stitches get to wet they will come out to early. They need to stay in at least 4 weeks. My girl Lottie had the surgery around a year old and lived to be almost five. I do have an excellent vet, Dr. Douglas Mader. He is the author of all the reptile medicine and surgery books that all the vets use that try to work on Reptiles.

I would recommend setting up a hospital bin, just incase you need it. If you do surgery, do it now, before she gets to weak and she will have allot better chance.
I’ll be calling my vet tomorrow to talk about scheduling her a surgery or see if he recommends anything else we can try. Thanks Jann ❤️

Jann has given you lots of info and has been through this more times than I have.
Good luck with her. She's in my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom