Egg yolk peritonitis

It’s been over a month now since I treated Imeldas egg yolk peritonitis. She’s doing better her edema still comes and goes I have to make Adjustments constantly to her cage to make sure my fat cow stays healthy. She’s full on gravid now and making trips to her laying g bin again seeing if she likes the area or not. I’m sure I’ll have eggs again by November. Wish my girl luck ❤ 13D3A005-3E4A-4933-80CB-A537995B787E.jpeg

Imelda laid her third clutch of eggs this week (50 :cautious: ) I keep her heat at 80 she only eats 3 small roaches every 3 days. Idk what I’m doing wrong, maybe it’s time to let the vet spay her? He already told me she’s a a great candidate and would improve her quality of life if I decide to do the surgery. I’m scared of course, I nursed this girl off deaths door and I would hate to lose her early.

wow, Imelda takes her work very seriously! Clarice lays often, as well... at least, in my opinion she does. She does not develop as many eggs, though. I've also tried to regulate her with temps/food control to no avail. I think that she sees Charlie in passing (on the way to the free range) and that may play a role in it. The girls are all getting moved to another section of the house, so I'll have to experiment with that. Does Imelda ever catch a glimpse of Larry?

I feel for ya. I'm a worrier, too... but if its low risk and improves her quality of life (and yours) then I'd go for it.

I'm glad she finally laid the eggs!
As soon as she's laid the eggs how much do you feed her?
How many eggs were in her other two clutches?
Do you feed her greens, veggies or does she eat the plant leaves?

I'm glad she finally laid the eggs!
As soon as she's laid the eggs how much do you feed her?
How many eggs were in her other two clutches?
Do you feed her greens, veggies or does she eat the plant leaves?
I feed her about 4 feeders for the first 3 days then I cut back to her old schedule of 3 small feeders every 3 days. She’s not eating again like last time so im nervous
her first clutch was 51,her second 65 and this time 50.
She eats her Pothos and her honeysuckle

Back
Top Bottom