Eating Plants?

sibeers

I've had my cham for about 7 months now and just recently she has started to eat the live plant I have in there.

It's a pothos and I know it's on the cham safe list but my question is she supposed to eat it? and is there a reason she has started? (not feeding her enough, bored etc..)

I've had my cham for about 7 months now and just recently she has started to eat the live plant I have in there.

It's a pothos and I know it's on the cham safe list but my question is she supposed to eat it? and is there a reason she has started? (not feeding her enough, bored etc..)

They will eat them. Make sure she doesn't eat too much of it. Some say it can be toxic and some say they have their chameleons strip the leaves. Nothing to worry about. Trying hanging a dish high in the cage and put greens on it. I use collard, mustard, and kale. Those stopped mine from eating my potho.

Besides that, what are you feeding her? and daily?

oh well its mostly crickets. some days ill feed her more or less depending on how many she'll eat. i just got the mealworms and have only just fed her a few. i'll slow down though.

oh well its mostly crickets. some days ill feed her more or less depending on how many she'll eat. i just got the mealworms and have only just fed her a few. i'll slow down though.

btw this is my thought. Maybe she is eating the plant because she is tired of waiting for food every other day. Maybe you need to add those greens I talked about.

again, why every other day feeding?
(first time getting mealworms? then ok but not exactly daily. after this no more for a bit.)

Her eating schedule really depends on my schedule for now. If I have time to feed her every day I do. It also has to do with when I can go get crickets. how do you keep up with giving ten a day?

Her eating schedule really depends on my schedule for now. If I have time to feed her every day I do. It also has to do with when I can go get crickets. how do you keep up with giving ten a day?

I am only a teenager in highschool. I feed 5 in the morning and around 5-6 my time I feed him 5 more. After 5-6 or before 5-6 I will hand feed phoenix worms. On the weekends I give 5 morning. around 1-2pm feed 3 and then few phoenix. Then around 6-7 he gets 2 crickets. I just spilt it up. (make sure to feed 2 hours before lights out or digesting is hard)
At a time I buy 150 crickets and order phoenix worms as a source to keep different variety. When he is older I will look into wingless fruit flies, dubia roaches, and other worms.
(AAH! can't forget! I keep fresh supply of greens on his dish.)

Don't you buy large amount of crickets?

"Don't you buy large amount of crickets?"

Lol no. I only buy like 2 dozen at a time. how expensive and where can I get 150 crickets at one time?

"Don't you buy large amount of crickets?"

Lol no. I only buy like 2 dozen at a time. how expensive and where can I get 150 crickets at one time?

First, where are you buying yours? If its a bait shop. NO. Bait shops dont keep gutloaded.

I go to petsupplies which is like half an hour or an hour from me. I buy 150 for $10. (15 for 1 dollar, i think)

To keep them I just use a biggish plastic container. Cut hole in the lid and replace with screen. Put a cardboard egg carton and a dish for the gutloading food. I also use water pillows to keep water daily.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44910169@N07/4269941219/

I buy them at pet stores. I gut load and have a water substitute. I dont really have the space to keep that many around.

This is all good imput btw, Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom