Easy semi-automatic misting

kenya

Avid Member
Hey guys, I can't believe I only now thought of this, but I finally got a small hand style fine mister
mister.jpg
and it occurred to me today to pump it up and hang it on the edge of my cage to spray the chams for several minutes at a time. This is nice because I don't have to stand there and can multitask while watering and the shy drinkers are more likely to drink when I am not looking. I still use a pump type garden sprayer like this:
sprayer.jpg
to spray the cages down a few times a day, but hanging the smaller mister is nice because I can leave it there and just switch it between cages.

Here are some photos of it in action! You may want to give it a try! :)

"Thou shalt water me, for I am thirsting"
thirsty.jpg

"This feels exquisite, like the freshest rain that falleth in the spring!"
drinking.jpg

"Sweet, sweet ambrosia to my lips!"
stilldrinking.jpg

"Aaah, my thirst hath doth vanished."
DSCN9015.jpg

hehe neat idea. What if the cham wants out and makes a bolt for it since your not there? JK

Very cool idea.

Ha, I can see them from pretty much anywhere in the room and I look up every minute or so. They all have just stopped and sat still to enjoy the shower and drink. We will see how that works out in the future, though.

Last edited:
Break down and buy and misting system........it saves alot of time and headache !

Yeah and takes a lot of cash. I am putting it off for the moment. This is posted for members who either don't want or need to invest in a misting system. It is saving me a headache...I hate just standing there spraying the chams while they drink- my whole watering routine takes me over an hour at this point if I use the big garden sprayer.

I set up the mist king i bought yesterday

its like getting your first color tv
just amazing

This is what I do if I need to put one of my chams in the shower instead of wasting a ton of water bouncing it off the walls to mist the chams. Shower a cham using the shower head is an incredible waste of water.

Back
Top Bottom