Early signs of ill health

Chamlo

I don't have any problems currently with my Cham. I did have a mold issue with the wooden bottom that I'm fixing right now. I haven't notice any strange things with him though. I want to know if anyone has any things to look for for early health issues. I know they hide it very well. I've also had him on baytril a week ago because of a strange black gunk on his teeth that isn't mouth rot. But any signs to look for?

Here are some potential signs:
1. Eyes closed. (One or both. They may also open and close periodically)
2. Staying at the bottom of the cage
3. Bubbling at the nose and mouth
4. Shed not completed
5. Lethargic
6. Poor aiming with tongue
7. No use of the tongue. Just biting/lunging at feeders.
8. Feces not the usual color and texture. (White urates are a must)
9. Leg or arm joints look crooked or formed funny.

Keep in mind, these are just basic signs. I did not go into detail the possible causes like vitamin deficiency, dehydration, respiratory infection, etc...

Last edited:
I don't have any problems currently with my Cham. I did have a mold issue with the wooden bottom that I'm fixing right now. I haven't notice any strange things with him though. I want to know if anyone has any things to look for for early health issues. I know they hide it very well. I've also had him on baytril a week ago because of a strange black gunk on his teeth that isn't mouth rot. But any signs to look for?

you might find the links here helpful: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/152-health-issues-reference-links.html

Back
Top Bottom