Dubrovnik clown isopods

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
A few months ago I bought some armadillidium klugi “Dubrovnik” isopods and they are having babies like crazy now :love:
893FD8DD-0F87-4DCE-A1D0-5481FCFA5F4C.jpeg DE7A2971-11B3-4099-A0B3-A1493A0B11D3.jpeg

I also bought some Dalmatian isopods and wow they are active and poppin
35C02DA3-04BC-4D52-9EEF-5A3A59C72C17.jpeg

Yo girl is a isopods goddess now :smuggrin:

I just like that Peri's poop is gone when I wake up. What eats urate? Seems like I have a lot of white spots on my substrate floor.

I love seeing the different isopods. I agree, we need a show off thread.

I want to be apart of the cool kids club. Going to start breeding all the bugs soon.

Jox how is your stick buds?

Specking of I need to send you your bugs today :D

they all died idk what I did wrong but I’ll just buy more and try again

Think I figured out why we all had trouble with the sticks. Most of them were close to molting. If they don't have space during that time they will just die. The few I have left are thriving just fine. But almost all of mine died either in shipping or within a couple days of it. Seems they're very sensitive to the shipping. They were packed well too, just one of those unfortunate things.

A few months ago I bought some armadillidium klugi “Dubrovnik” isopods and they are having babies like crazy now :love:
View attachment 250558View attachment 250559

I also bought some Dalmatian isopods and wow they are active and poppin
View attachment 250560

Yo girl is a isopods goddess now :smuggrin:
Your clowns are cool. I have a different version of them I think...? Or are yours just molting or young and haven't developed their colors?

Here are mine for reference (could just be a sub type; I'm still fairly new to the isopod club)

20191025_151147.jpg

I was drawn to the orange skirt these have. I've gotten 2 new ones in like 2 months. Brutally slow!

Your clowns are cool. I have a different version of them I think...? Or are yours just molting or young and haven't developed their colors?

Here are mine for reference (could just be a sub type; I'm still fairly new to the isopod club)

View attachment 250658

I was drawn to the orange skirt these have. I've gotten 2 new ones in like 2 months. Brutally slow!
Those are the babies but I know there is a Montenegro version of the Dubrovnik. image.jpg image.jpg
The adults have the red Skirt
BDF00792-B1FE-4666-BF8A-36BA2BAFE5AC.jpeg

I started with 12 and I got the end of August
Ok, there's hope for me yet! I started with "10" that turned into 8 when I counted them properly. I *think* I have 9 now, but one either way, I could have just missed.

I could just google it... but why when i can ask?!

Are there males/females? Could i have gotten a batch that won't breed? I think i got mine around the same time as you, maybe earlier and haven't really seen any growth in numbers. The pic above was closer to when I got them. I now have them in a shoebox size bin with a few dead bugs, maybe 15 discoid tiny babies, and isopods. Good humidity and 80s for temp. Leaf litter and cork bark, sand and soil mix (30/70ish).

My oranges and blues are exponentially producing To the point I've created sub cultures. I find cork bark makes EXCELLENT housing for them... they love it!

Ok, there's hope for me yet! I started with "10" that turned into 8 when I counted them properly. I *think* I have 9 now, but one either way, I could have just missed.

I could just google it... but why when i can ask?!

Are there males/females? Could i have gotten a batch that won't breed? I think i got mine around the same time as you, maybe earlier and haven't really seen any growth in numbers. The pic above was closer to when I got them. I now have them in a shoebox size bin with a few dead bugs, maybe 15 discoid tiny babies, and isopods. Good humidity and 80s for temp. Leaf litter and cork bark, sand and soil mix (30/70ish).

My oranges and blues are exponentially producing To the point I've created sub cultures. I find cork bark makes EXCELLENT housing for them... they love it!
Ahhh I think see your problem the seller told me they don’t like temps over 75 so your keeping them to warm. I keep mine room temp they have moss and dirt. I keep mine with cholla wood and magnolia leafs and pods. I keep them in a closet in the reptile room. They also need good air flow and not to high humidity is I remember?

Ahhh I think see your problem the seller told me they don’t like temps over 75 so your keeping them to warm. I keep mine room temp they have moss and dirt. I keep mine with cholla wood and magnolia leafs and pods. I keep them in a closet in the reptile room. They also need good air flow and not to high humidity is I remember?
Ah-ha! Glad I asked. I've been keeping them on my porch. To be fair though, they sat on a shelf in my reptile room as well. Temps there vary from low to mid 70s normally. Plenty of air flow. This could have been an issue of food and space though as they were in a larger deli cup (photo above). I kept them there for a while and had no luck so decided to move them a few weeks ago or so.

I guess I'll have to re-relocate them.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom