Dubia roaches

koyla_26

I can’t keep my crickets alive no matter what I do!! How to switch my chameleon over to Dubai roaches and how to breed them?

@jamest0o0 knows what he's doing, definitely watch his videos once they're out!

As for right now, this video might give you an idea of what to expect and the basics.

While he's not the most well versed in "roach knowledge", I've watch his videos for years and he has kept dubias for what seems like forever. Like I said, I'm sure that there are some incorrect things throughout this video and it probably doesn't give the best ways to do stuff. Hope this helps you in some way! I'm also looking at starting a colony myself but I'm worried Gatsby might stop liking them as he grows up :oops:

Roaches are very simple. Pretty much get the adults and they will breed themselves. I've veen doing it for about 3 maybe 4 months. I leave a blanket over them for darkness(can't have to much night time), feed em and forget about them haha. They do it all themselves.

There is something about having more female to male ratio i believe the eat the young of other males or something, but I've only watched a few youtubes them tbh

There is something about having more female to male ratio i believe the eat the young of other males or something, but I've only watched a few youtubes them tbh

I have 15 females and 6 males. I do take my babies out, because I heard roaches are colony critters so if you take the babies they will birth more. (Not sure if its true or not but I have had lots of luck)

I just started a new colony, but have kept them in the past. I have not had any issues with cannibalism among the colony. My biggest problem was actually feeding the roaches fast enough. Dubia are prolific breeders! I try to keep a 3:1 ratio of males to females. One male will breed with several females, so you don't need as many of them. Having fewer males will reduce fighting among the males since they will all be able to get some. HAHA

Keep the colony warm, humid, dark, and fed, and you will have more Dubia than you can use in no time.

Back
Top Bottom