Dubia Colony in Colorado

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
I know many use the thermal heat from bioactivity as the only heat for the Dubia, but I'm in Colorado. I'd like to see some bug room setups as I plan to start a dubia colony this weekend. CHE? Where do you place it? Do you use a lid? Does the heat melt the rubbermaid? Probably seem like dumb questions but I'd rather not do something that results in escapees or dead buggos.

I took a pic for you of the idea

Attachments

• 0D636E1C-EC9E-478F-B029-6494CAFE176E.jpeg
    0D636E1C-EC9E-478F-B029-6494CAFE176E.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 121
I too was looking into starting a colony this weekend, I haven't decided on what substrate to use. What works best?

Nevermind the sticky notes. Going on vacation this weekend to the Mother land of Minnesota to watch my Vikings beat the Donkeys. Anyways I just use a 10 gallon terrarium heat pad underneath thick Rubbermaid. No issues and my colony seems to be producing. I had a lot of adult males to start but I've been feeding and tend to always try to find adult males to feed off first. You want to have a 1M/5F ratio. Hope this helps.
20191113_121323.jpg

Nevermind the sticky notes. Going on vacation this weekend to the Mother land of Minnesota to watch my Vikings beat the Donkeys. Anyways I just use a 10 gallon terrarium heat pad underneath thick Rubbermaid. No issues and my colony seems to be producing. I had a lot of adult males to start but I've been feeding and tend to always try to find adult males to feed off first. You want to have a 1M/5F ratio. Hope this helps. View attachment 251229

This is dope and very helpful thanks Camo! What temp is the heat mat?

Back
Top Bottom