Dubia Colony Heating?

Rush2112

Hey all,

I just got 100 various sized dubia nymphs and am looking to start my own breeding colony. I understand gut feeding but I don't really know how to heat the enclosure.

I'm keeping them in a rubbermaid bin like this one:
http://www.everythingsimple.com/561...y-storing-objects-in-rubbermaid-storage-bins/

If anyone who has a similar set up and has successfully bred Dubias can give me some pointers here it would be great.

Thanks!

Fryman
I know Brian Stinson (Reptoman) uses heat tape attached to a controller and has bins/totes sitting on top of the strips of tape.

Raphael1047

Established Member
I use a under tank heater with a similar bin and never had a problem. I would use a thermostat if you are worried about anything happening. Just use a 10-20 gallon heater.

Norcal55

Avid Member
Hi
I use a standard home heating pad under my bin and it works great. Heat along with good food and they will grow great!

The Fryman

Sweet, thanks for all the help guys.

Edit: I think I'm gonna go with the under tank heater for simplicity's sake. Should I be worried about this as a fire hazard?

Maksim

I place mine in front of the house heating vent , works great and colony is growing every day. But heat pad for lizards would work just as well.

Top Bottom