Draining LLL's water tray's

laurie

Retired Moderator
Could some of you tell me how you use the LLL Reptile water tray's? I don't want to have to pick up and empty the tray every day. There has to be a better way. So all of you creative people tell me how to do it please. I wanted to put a valve in the tray but want to see other methods.

I used pipe sautered to a flange. Use whatever length of piped needed. Cut a hole in tray/bottom. Apply caulk around flange to seal it to the bottom of cage. Place bucket under pipe. Drainage!!!:D

I used pipe sautered to a flange. Use whatever length of piped needed. Cut a hole in tray/bottom. Apply caulk around flange to seal it to the bottom of cage. Place bucket under pipe. Drainage!!!:D

the good thing about the lll trays is you dont haveta have it go out the bottom you can go out a side too, if you have them on something ya cant get to under it

the good thing about the lll trays is you dont haveta have it go out the bottom you can go out a side too, if you have them on something ya cant get to under it

Very true!! I have the LLL hard plastic bottom, so I only have the bottom as an option. I cut a hole in the counter top to accommodate the drainage pipe :) The side drainage gives more options though. I used copper pipe and sautered it instead of gluing pvc. Using mesh cages weight may be an issue too. Both work well though!!

Back
Top Bottom