This is a Dragon Strand Investigative Report. Thor the Dragon reporting (that’s me above). A number of disturbing observations have been made by our eyes and ears in the field. They wish to remain anonymous, but suffice to say they may or may not be escaped feeder dubia (non-infesting, of course). We at the investigative bureau would hardly place great weight on rumors from a source as dubious as dubia, but last week a grainy photo was leaked to us on a thumb drive in a faded manila envelope. We were skeptical, but our experts determined the photo to be genuine. This is what we received:
Please calm yourself. We understand your dismay. Obviously, what we see here is flagrant rack abuse. Hidden beneath those boxes and objects is a common 18” wire rack shelving system (which can be found in Home Depot, Costco, Amazon, eBay, and a myriad of other retailers). It is obvious: that rack is misused and miserable. This story has a happy ending, though. Due to our tip off and a loving intervention by the dubia, the owners of this rack did some research and came to the obvious conclusion that these racks are happiest when holding a chameleon breeding group. See the rack today below holding a complete clutch of individually housed panther chameleon babies next to a new rack friend holding cages for the breeding pair. This is the proper use of these wire rack shelving systems! You can just feel the contentment radiating from the shelves.
You very well may have witnessed, or have unwittingly participated in, rack abuse of this nature. There are things you can do about it. First, you must immediately free the poor rack. Remove all the oppressive, ugly boxes off it’s shelves. Stack the discarded items neatly in the corner. Your significant other may take a little longer than you to appreciate your “rack liberation” program. Be patient. It is a process. But when they see a nice, neat, organized chameleon care set-up or breeding project how can they help but to recognize that this is for the best? Your genius is sure to be noted (eventually).
This is Thor signing off with this latest Dragon Strand Investigative Report. Until next time, Stay safe and keep your chameleons strong!
Don’t let your racks live a bland, unfulfilled existence. Let them hold beautiful chameleons! They, and you, will be happier for it!
If you want more information on the caging that turns those racks into a chameleon breeding project then go to www.dragonstrand.com and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/dragonstrand. There in you will find
- Just two 4’ racks and eight feet of wall space is enough for a successful breeding group.
- The Breeder Series Cages designed specifically to fit on 18" wire shelving racks.
- Cages with PVC sides for visual isolation and to hold in the mist from your spray bottle or misting system. The screen front and top make sure you still have the ventilation you need.
- Unique branch holders on the adult sizes make branching quick, easy, and solid.
- Drainage Trays that catch the excess water
- A specialized Laying Box that fits the Medium Tall cage so your female can find the perfect spot to dig in the comfort of her own cage. (That’s the black box beneath the medium size adult cage in the picture!)