Does this sound good?

Blueberry2223

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson, Male and Female, and don't really know real age. I have had them in my care for 2 months
Handling - Almost every day
Feeding - I feed them 4-8 crickets every other day. I Gut-load them with Zilla cricket and insect food
Supplements - exo-terra pure calcium use every feeding rep-cal calcium with D3 dust the crickets with this on the 15th of every month exo-terra 1/2 and 1/2 multi vitamin and calcium with d3 use every 18th of the month
Watering - I have a reptifogger that is always on I also have an automatic mister that goes off every 3 hours for 1 minute. I see them drinking all the time.
Fecal Description - They are always white and black. They have never been tested for parasites as far as I know.
History - They use to sleep during the day but it was because I was over supplementing them but I fixed that.

Im sorry I read your post wrong lol! I thought you where having a problem but it looks like you aren't having any and are just looking for some advice as to wether or not you are doing the right things?

I will fill out the cage info in the morning so you can get a better view of it all thanks for all the replies and also they are in the same cage right now because my females fogger broke and I am waiting for the replacement fan to come in the mail.

Sorry I have just been really busy lately since my mom got a job. :eek:

Cage Info:
Cage Type - All screen it is 36" tall by 18" deep and 18" wide
Lighting - exo-terra, repti-glo 5.0 uvb and 50W basking bulb. I turn the lights on at 8am and turn them off at 8pm
Temperature - During the day the basking spot is at 80-85 F the bottom is 73 and at night the bottom is 62 and the top is 70 F. digital at the bottom and
Humidity - 60-80%. I have a fogger that is always going to keep it up. Hydrometer.
Plants - I use live and fake plants 2 big ficus and a few other plants.
Placement - It is in my room. It is like 15' away from a fan that I use on ocation the only people that really come in my room is me and my brother. The top of the cage is a little over 5' off the ground.
Location - I live in Veguita,NM.

Ditch the fogger man, it creates a far too moist environment and turns the cage into a bacteria breeding ground. Instead use a mister a few times a day letting the cage dry in-between misting.

I had to buy the fogger because the humidity level was at 15% because I live in a very very dry place I already have an auto mister that goes off every hour for 1 minute. I clean it once a week with anti bacterial soap.

I had to buy the fogger because the humidity level was at 15% because I live in a very very dry place I already have an auto mister that goes off every hour for 1 minute. I clean it once a week with anti bacterial soap.

Not surprising , since New Mexico has very low humidity.

Jdog1027 made a long Jackson's video that he posted on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKTbUaOQ0aA

I'm not sure if Jdog1027 runs his foggers constantly or not but typically, it is recommended that you let the cage dry a few times a day to prevent molds and bacteria from growing in the constant dampness.

Something that concerns me is the Exo-Terra calcium--it is not just calcium.
When you read the actual ingredients, you'll see there are a number of minerals added.
Jackson's are very sensitive to oversupplementation and I would switch to a pure calcium without anything else--such as RepCal or ReptiCalcium
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/vitamins-medicines-and-cage-cleaners/reptile-calcium-and-vitamins/-/rep-cal-calcium-without-d3/
You mentioned using D3 2x a month and for Jackson's that is actually too often.
A safer schedule of supplements is:
Plain calcium every other feeding
1x a month for D3
1x a month with a multivitamin

I am glad that your room temperatures are kept low enough for Jackson's, because they just can't take much heat.
Even adult Jackson's prefer a room temperature below 80, with a basking site temp below 85--younger chams need temperatures even lower.

Plenty more details on Jackson's care here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

For gutloading, the store bought gutloads are convenient but your chams would get better nutrition by being fed a variety of well-fed feeders.
Silkworms, Phoenixworms/Calciworms,Blue Bottle Flies, are some other very nutritious feeders.
Please read the info here for more details on chams' diets:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/

Jackson's are gentle chams and typically don't bite, but they also are rather shy and handling them on most days is stressful for them.
Less stress makes for better health.

Your female should be in her own cage, since Jackson's males will relentlessly pursue the females--stressing them out.

Also, unless you're prepared to raise a bunch of baby chams--which requires plenty of money for feeders and is much more work than you might imagine--keeping them separated is the best.

Asking questions and reading the info in the links will help you to ensure that your chams receive everything they need.

Last edited:
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson, Male and Female, and don't really know real age. I have had them in my care for 3 months
Handling - Almost every day
Feeding - I feed them 4-8 crickets every other day. I Gut-load them with Zilla cricket and insect food
Supplements - exo-terra pure calcium use every feeding rep-cal calcium with D3 dust the crickets with this on the 15th of every month exo-terra 1/2 and 1/2 multi vitamin and calcium with d3 use every 18th of the month
Watering - I have a reptifogger that is always on I also have an automatic mister that goes off every 1 hours for 1 minute. I see them drinking all the time.
Fecal Description - They are always white and black. They have never been tested for parasites as far as I know.
History - They use to sleep during the day but it was because I was over supplementing them but I fixed that.

updated it a bit

Here are some new pictures :D

Attachments

• GEDC0605.jpg
    GEDC0605.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 92
  • GEDC0613.jpg
    GEDC0613.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 74
  • GEDC0616.jpg
    GEDC0616.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 118
  • GEDC0610.jpg
    GEDC0610.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 53
  • GEDC0617.jpg
    GEDC0617.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 102
Blueberry, did you see my detailed reply from a few days ago, post #10?

In it I recommended a few changes--particularly with cutting back a little on supplements (D3 no more than 1x a month) and adding more types of feeders.

Your female, since she lived with the male for a month is most likely gravid.
Making sure she has a steady supply of calcium-rich feeders, like Phoenixworms, silkworms and hornworms would be wise.
Hornworms need to be storebought/mailordered ONLY because you can't use ones from a garden, as those will be poisonous from the plants they have eaten.

At this point, I don't think anyone knows what else you'd like to know.

I am fine with her being gravid and I am changing the 1/2 and 1/2 supplement to pure calcium and muti-vitamin other than that every thing sounds good right. and thank you so much everyone that replied :D:D

Back
Top Bottom