DIY Living Wall Turtorial with PICTURES

questions!

After seeing your beautiful results, I think this is something I'm going to try for my own enclosure. Two questions:

1. Did you remove the back mesh panel of the Reptibreeze entirely, or attach the wall to the mesh somehow?

2. Is the cheaper foam you're talking about this stuff right here? Just want to make sure it's safe and non-chemical-smelly before I order a bunch of it. :p

That is a genius Idea!!! props on this. i can already think of some improvements on what yours looks like, but GREAT IDEA!!!

might have to try this with my new enclosure im thinking of getting.

Thanks for this lovely idea. I just bought everything at Home depot... I'm going to use wood for the frame. I'll post pictures up when i'm done... Do you have any pictures of this inside your screen cage? I ordered a DIY 24.24.48 cage and I plan on decking it out with this natural living wall....

By the way, this is my first official post.... I'm usually a reader :)

this is a picture af my terra

i think it's something like this you want?

Pieter, that's amazing! I'm looking at building a smaller version like your setup. Do you have any build photos of how you created it? If so, please share with us in a new thread, or feel free to PM me. ;)

This week I'm starting an outdoor enclosure as well as a smaller indoor one for the two girs christineacero has been holding onto for me till if get my chams RI's all gone, and with the indoor cage I would LOVE to try this! And since it's homemade I can just make the whole back wood. I think this is a wonderful how too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you for your inspiration....I adopted a veil... from a small glass enclosure to a 24x24x48 screen enclosure....

14wel1y.jpg

wrffk2.jpg

1z4ab06.jpg

First I want to say how happy it makes me seeing you say corrugated and not cardboard! I am in the corrugated box business and that is a pet peeve now...haha

But seriously this is awesome! I am just starting my research so I will be ready when the time comes to get a cham and I am looking at ways to build things myself and save some money. This will be going on my to-do list!

Thank you for sharing!

I got it from DIY I believe, I get confused with LLM. You have no idea how much research I did on everything. I had to research everything, plants and what not. I did not use corrugated material like she did.. I got wood that was treated and used that as my base. I also painted mine vs putting dirt. But I think it turned out great. Next one that I will try, I'm going to run drain lines under the foam for the plants. My cham is adjusting to it still after a week. Apparently they do not like change, even if its an upgrade. :)

the 'frog background lady' is a trip. this was one of the first things I linked to upon joining this site. Also, coroplast people. remember it, you will buy it before your cham days are over.

I will add it to my list of suppliers. I am at the stage of researching -everything- !! I want to do this right and I currently do not have what a chameleon needs to be taken care of (supply time etc) but when everything settles down next spring, hopefully I will have an enclosure built and getting ready for my new chameleon. :) I cannot wait until then!!

I got it from DIY I believe, I get confused with LLM. You have no idea how much research I did on everything. I had to research everything, plants and what not. I did not use corrugated material like she did.. I got wood that was treated and used that as my base. I also painted mine vs putting dirt. But I think it turned out great. Next one that I will try, I'm going to run drain lines under the foam for the plants. My cham is adjusting to it still after a week. Apparently they do not like change, even if its an upgrade. :)

Thank you for your inspiration....I adopted a veil... from a small glass enclosure to a 24x24x48 screen enclosure....

14wel1y.jpg

wrffk2.jpg

1z4ab06.jpg

That home made feeder you are sporting in the third pic looks interesting. Did you cut out the hole in the side put something in the back for the insects to climb? If so that is ingenious they get the natural movement of the insect to entice them to eat, and still don't lose the insects to escape. Could you show a more detailed pic on how you executed this?:D

its a snapple bottle that I cut.... I taped the edges to prevent injuring the chameleons tongue... place a mess in the back... so the feeders can climb up and down.... I glued two magnets in the back of the bottle and that is how i attached it to the cage... I like using magnets...

I give credit to this forum because most of the ideas i get them from here and I just put my twist on it.

its a snapple bottle that I cut.... I taped the edges to prevent injuring the chameleons tongue... place a mess in the back... so the feeders can climb up and down.... I glued two magnets in the back of the bottle and that is how i attached it to the cage... I like using magnets...

I give credit to this forum because most of the ideas i get them from here and I just put my twist on it.

Hope you don't mind if I use it looks like a great idea. And yeah you're right there is a wealth of information on this site. But don't sell yourself short this is genius.:D

No problem at all, I believe that is the point of the forum, is improving from one another...

I placed foil paper at the bottom of the bottle and Put kale and cricket quencher calcium fortified... Post pictures when you get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom