DIY Living Wall Turtorial with PICTURES

Codi, I actually like the second attempt better. That looks fantastic and will look even better once the plants grow in. I am getting excited to make a "living wall" for my guy. I am thinking 4'x5' that will hang on the wall in my family room. I have some ideas that should look amazing when done.

Codi did you ever say what kind of cham or what size the terrarium is? I am working on an idea so may send you a couple questions OK?

new version looks better!

So since I lifted the other wall too soon and it warped I made another one! I have a few tips.

1. You can use the cheap white version of great stuff. It's safe and only $4 a can instead of $13! I used it and it worked just fine.

just a point of interest, the foam does chip every now and again. I initially suggested the black foam because when it chips away its not as apparent as the white foam. Nothing a little silicone and dirt cant fix, but some might prefer to not be bothered with it

Thank you! I like the second one much better too!

Codi, I actually like the second attempt better. That looks fantastic and will look even better once the plants grow in. I am getting excited to make a "living wall" for my guy. I am thinking 4'x5' that will hang on the wall in my family room. I have some ideas that should look amazing when done.

I wish I could do that! I was thinking of doing something similar on my back porch! I'll have to make it where I can pull the plants out easily though for when it gets too cold for them.

Codi did you ever say what kind of cham or what size the terrarium is? I am working on an idea so may send you a couple questions OK?
It's for the XL 24x24x48! I'll answer any questions! I'd love to save someone the hassle of having to make it twice! ;)

new version looks better!

just a point of interest, the foam does chip every now and again. I initially suggested the black foam because when it chips away its not as apparent as the white foam. Nothing a little silicone and dirt cant fix, but some might prefer to not be bothered with it

I forgot that you told me that :/ I didn't want to spend $60 on the foam again! I'll keep the silicone on hand for repairs! Thanks for the idea and information! I'm so happy with it!!

Quick question. About how much money did it cost for the supplies?

If you use the cheap yellow foam it should be around $70 not including plants.... Probably around $115 with plants! I posted a breakdown of supplies and
Cost I'm my initial post. You can use the black pond foam which is $12 a can or the great stuff yellow foam which is $4 a can.

What kind of cacti is that in the first pic. I have some out on my porch not sure the species and didn't know that there safe for chams.

I think that is awesome I may try it out myself
You should!
What kind of cacti is that in the first pic. I have some out on my porch not sure the species and didn't know that there safe for chams.
I want to say that it is called echeveria (I am at work right now so don't know for sure)...I looked them up before placing them. It is safe for turtles to eat in moderation! I also bought a desert rose thinking it would look awesome in there and then found out it's super toxic and secrets a milk substance...Soooo that one is on my fron porch away from all of my animals and kids! I think succulents are a great thing to add for pizaaz to chameleon enclosures!

Last edited:
Desert rose

Isn't it cool!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 370
Dunno if I commented already, but this is too cool. :) Other people have made stuff like this too, and I love seeing all the ideas! It's beautiful and creative. Hope the chammy likes it.

Dunno if I commented already, but this is too cool. :) Other people have made stuff like this too, and I love seeing all the ideas! It's beautiful and creative. Hope the chammy likes it.

Thank you! I am not sure if he likes it yet because he just came in the mail! He seems to but he isn't roaming around much right now..

Back
Top Bottom