DIY Double Cage Build

I’ll also have both types of screen on the same side of the wood and turn the supports into DIY DragonLedges, as well. Then I kill two birds with one stone (no insects where a cham can’t go and no extra objects taking up cham space). I’m also using wood for the background sides so I can screw branches into the wood for extra support, instead of having PVC panels for the walls and hoping the foam holds the branches up.

Did you ever build this double cage??
@ERKleRose
Ah, sadly no, life got in the way. Good news, though, is I’m about to start building it soon for a future cham (hopefully Ankaramy or Ankify)! I’m still deciding between going for 5’ long or just 4’ long so a standard UVB bulb can reach all the way across. Once that’s decided, my parents still owe me a table saw from Christmas 2018, like I talked about in this thread, and they’re willing to pay up. Yes, pictures will be posted! I’m sooo excited!!!😄😄😄

This is amazing! What a dream!! Can't wait to see how it comes out!! 😍😍😍
Thanks! I‘m actually going with either 48”/60” long, 30” deep, and 60” tall of chameleon-usable space, with an 18” deep substrate bin underneath (it is deep because I‘m going to put in a small mulberry tree and a dwarf crepe myrtle, plus tons of other large plants, so I want a nice deep substrate layer so their roots have lots of room).

Okay, I need help deciding between either 4’ long or 5’ long. I really want to go 5’ long, but if I go 4’ long, the entire cage will have UVB, and I could squeeze a second identical cage in next to it. Thoughts?

Okay, I need help deciding between either 4’ long or 5’ long. I really want to go 5’ long, but if I go 4’ long, the entire cage will have UVB, and I could squeeze a second identical cage in next to it. Thoughts?
Seems like lots of pros for the 4 foot! Definitely want space for another enclosure! 😅

Seems like lots of pros for the 4 foot! Definitely want space for another enclosure! 😅
Haha, yes, but I want to give my future cham(s) the biggest space possible because in Houston it’s either too hot (100+*F and 100% humidity in the summer) or too cold in the winter. Spring and fall are very short seasons here, so there wouldn’t be a lot of outdoor time for them

Haha, yes, but I want to give my future cham(s) the biggest space possible because in Houston it’s either too hot (100+*F and 100% humidity in the summer) or too cold in the winter. Spring and fall are very short seasons here, so there wouldn’t be a lot of outdoor time for them
4' is a good size for a chameleon. They would have plenty of room, IMO

Yes, I just want to make sure because we have dogs and cats, so no free range, and the cage(s) have to fit on one wall in one room
I'm just thinking about
and I could squeeze a second identical cage in next to it
200.gif

I need to go back and read this entire thread lol
So you have the space for two 4ft enclosure's if you want?
Yes, but I can’t free range or give them a lot of outdoor time with the heat and humidity of Houston, so I want to make sure I can do as big of an enclosure as possible

If you wanted to go with a 5 foot cage, you could do a 2ft and a 3ft bulb.
Or, I bet if you went with a 4ft Arcadia 12% mounted above at the recommended height, you would probably be awfully close to full uvb coverage

If you wanted to go with a 5 foot cage, you could do a 2ft and a 3ft bulb.
Or, I bet if you went with a 4ft Arcadia 12% mounted above at the recommended height, you would probably be awfully close to full uvb coverage
I’m going to use a 4’ bulb with either build. With bulbs, the longer they are, the better, because the highest strength of the bulb is in the middle, with it being weaker on the ends. So a 2’ and 3’ bulbs together would actually be weaker than a single 4’ bulb

Back
Top Bottom