DIY Cup Feeder video!

I suppose you could use all that stuff if you wanted, however a hot glue gun is like, 5 bucks.. and super easy to work with. Every cham enthusiast should own a hot glue gun, I use the bejesus outta it!

Hot glue dries fast, makes little projects quick and easy! I have used silicon in other projects, and its not only extremely messy, but needs at least 4-5 days to cure and set, whereas the hot glue needs about 10 seconds.

I suppose you could use all that stuff if you wanted, however a hot glue gun is like, 5 bucks.. and super easy to work with. Every cham enthusiast should own a hot glue gun, I use the bejesus outta it!

Hot glue dries fast, makes little projects quick and easy! I have used silicon in other projects, and its not only extremely messy, but needs at least 4-5 days to cure and set, whereas the hot glue needs about 10 seconds.

That's true....I've had a hot glue gun forever... but I used regular standard general use glue. The key is to be patient and wait for the regular glue to cure properly. Hot glue can be messy and melt your container...it can also harden too much and come loose. Either way.... I just thought I'd pose the question.

other glues may not hold to soft plastic, also insects may consume other epoxies; making them toxic to chamy.

Actually...I think the cured general use glue is a harder substance than the plastic container itself...so they can't eat the glue.

You may be right about say..... silicon or something....but your crickets would have to be starving genetic freaks, trapped in that milk container for long periods of time. :eek:

It really is a great feeder.
Particularly for roaches as they like to hide when free ranged in the enclosure.
I highly recommend utilizing a feeder like this.
It is great for encouraging wc's to eat as well ... see Bill Strand's article here:

http://www.chameleonnews.com/?page=article&id=79

I make mine "disappear" by hot gluing artificial leaves to the outside of the feeder so that it blends in to the flora.

-Brad

l_99bede4dc5564ba19a543884d400a38b.jpg

I made it!!!

Back
Top Bottom