Disinfecting T-Rex Bio-Vine?

Old World

I'm not sure if a bleach solution will stain it, so I'm scratching my head thinking of alternatives. Any ideas? :confused:

uhhmm. dont put it in the oven.

i think some people use peroxide but im not sure if they dilute it or not.

Call me naive, but I didn't know about the disinfecting properties of vinegar. I'm googling options now. My concerns are the porous ends of the vine that are cut...pretty sure the surface is not porous. Gotta be careful about what I use. And I'm pretty sure it will melt if I put it in the oven, lol.

White distilled vinegar is a popular household cleanser, effective for killing most mold, bacteria, and germs, due to its level of acidity. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is a smart way to avoid using harsh chemicals. You’ll also be glad to know that it is environmentally friendly and very economical.

From Vinegartips.com

Considering that the vine is rough-textured and possibly porous, and that my chams lap from the vine as often as from ficus leaves, I will use full strength vinegar as a disinfectant. I will soak the vines for about 30 minutes or so, then rinse thoroughly. I will continue to use a mild bleach solution for their smooth pvc cage bottoms.
Thanks for the tips guys!

Back
Top Bottom