Designing new enclosure.

rachmbrooks

I am not satisfied with my chameleons enclosure and need some ideas! Planning on going to the store today to get some stuff. As of right now i have a sheffelera and a ficus including a bunch of sticks but they're small and not enough for my chameleon. I have an 18x30x30 cage and it is definitely not filled enough! My chameleon has torn up and killed his plants for the most part so I've given in and am going to try fake plants. So here are the questions I have:... should I get fake branches, and plants from the pet store (I know Petco has them) and how should I set it up? What I've got now is very pathetic, I would like to spice up his cage and make it a better environment for him. I would very much enjoy it if y'all were to post picture on the thread of your enclosures so I can get some ideas. Also do y'all put anything onto the bottom of the cage to make cleaning easier?? As of right now it's easy for me to clean the bottom if I move the sticks around but if I add a ton of fake plants and sticks how would I clean it? Thanks!

IMG_0676.JPG

This is what my female panther is currently in. its an older picture so some things have grown in a bit more and she has gotten about a month older but its still the same setup. also she has two pothos and a umbrella plant in there. works great.

honestly its pretty simple. i just take the whole cage outside and spray it down with water and let it dry in the sun i do that about 4-5 times and its good. my little girl had parasites when i first got her so i moved her onto something else took her cage and did that while i treated her and she is now clean of anything and is perfectly healthy. the sun with some water does great things.

Back
Top Bottom