Decisions😥

My vet does work with exotics. She will run a fecal without me bringing the boys in but if it pops a positive then she has to see them and get a current weight etc. But my vet does not run the fecal floats in house they send them all out to a lab. Which sucks because I have to wait longer takes anywhere from 3-5 days to get results back.
I have a question, if he does test positive, is his cage then contaminated, and will I have to do a deep clean?

I got a stick from a tree outside and cleaned it to put in there so this is the new result. It's pretty tight in there.

Attachments

• 20210121_144347.jpg
    20210121_144347.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 62
I have a question, if he does test positive, is his cage then contaminated, and will I have to do a deep clean?
Most parasites require cage cleaning... Because the oocyst (eggs) come out in the fecal matter. So essentially they can reinfect themselves simply by drinking where fecal was or eating feeders from a spot where the oocysts landed. Some are easy cleaning just removing and giving stuff a good wash. Some are more intense. No reason to stress this until you know more. But if he pops a positive then you what to know what the parasite is so we can direct you in how you want to approach cleaning :)

Let's wait until you know if he even does have parasites, but here are some general articles on parasites & cleaning.

Reptile Worms & Parasites (general information)

Keeping It Clean: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Reptile or Amphibian’s Enclosure

How to Clean for Coccidia [and get results]

Cleaning Reptile Cages [Reptiles Magazine]

The vet should also have information specific to treating, cleaning, and preventing any parasites that are found. Most (the better vets) have hand-out sheets. Ask for one, even if given oral instructions.

Is a not good enough to wash down wash down with soap and water and a swap out the plants .... just asking to learn

So couldnt get a poop sample today so they basically just did a check up on him and I will take a sample up there when I find one. They said he looked good and my husbandry was good, they are going to call me with info on a supplement they want me to use that will get him to gain weight I guess.

So couldnt get a poop sample today so they basically just did a check up on him and I will take a sample up there when I find one. They said he looked good and my husbandry was good, they are going to call me with info on a supplement they want me to use that will get him to gain weight I guess.
um k... Not sure about the supplement they are talking about. Hopefully not force feeding.

Back
Top Bottom