Decisions😥

I personally don't use it. If he's eating a normal supplement schedule is IMO a better option. When I do have to force feed I use either Carnivore Care or a mixture of cricket powder, water and regular supplement. If it is all you can get your hands on then it is better than nothing be sure to get the one your vet is recommending there are a lot of sound alike products.

Flukers ReptA Boost
"NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Ingredients:

Egg Product, Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Soy Protein Isolate, Corn Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Brewer'S Yeast, Dicalcium Phosphate, Kelp Meal, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), DL-Methionine, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Beta Carotene, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), Rosemary, Citric Acid (Preservative), Dextrose, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Ascorbic Acid, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Inositol, Vitamin D, Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide"

VetArc ReptO boost
"Contents: Vitamins A, C & E, Glucose, Electrolytes, Probiotics "
Yes its the flukers one

I personally don't use it. If he's eating a normal supplement schedule is IMO a better option. When I do have to force feed I use either Carnivore Care or a mixture of cricket powder, water and regular supplement. If it is all you can get your hands on then it is better than nothing be sure to get the one your vet is recommending there are a lot of sound alike products.

Flukers ReptA Boost
"NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Ingredients:

Egg Product, Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Soy Protein Isolate, Corn Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Brewer'S Yeast, Dicalcium Phosphate, Kelp Meal, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), DL-Methionine, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Beta Carotene, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), Rosemary, Citric Acid (Preservative), Dextrose, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Ascorbic Acid, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Inositol, Vitamin D, Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide"

VetArc ReptO boost
"Contents: Vitamins A, C & E, Glucose, Electrolytes, Probiotics "
The reviews on it says it really helped with getting their reptiles to gain weight though, which is what he needs

Can you inject a feeder with it? Not something i have done myself but recently been made aware of this practice for severe dehydration or giving meds

If mine was eating a least every other day I would not put him thru the stress until I was sure the de-worming wasn't working. I'm sorry I can't be of more help here.
If you do force feed get someone to help you. If he won't hiss at you it is almost impossible to do on your own safely. Our system is one person holds the other person with a fingernail pulls down the lower jaw and the holder inserts the syringe but does not push the plunger until the eye level person gives the go ahead. that it is over the tongue. Then we tilt the chams body up to about 45 degrees so it goes down. We've done this quite a few times.

If mine was eating a least every other day I would not put him thru the stress until I was sure the de-worming wasn't working. I'm sorry I can't be of more help here.
If you do force feed get someone to help you. If he won't hiss at you it is almost impossible to do on your own safely. Our system is one person holds the other person with a fingernail pulls down the lower jaw and the holder inserts the syringe but does not push the plunger until the eye level person gives the go ahead. that it is over the tongue. Then we tilt the chams body up to about 45 degrees so it goes down. We've done this quite a few times.
What I want to know is if this particular supplement has to be force fed, or if I can put it on his bugs, I thought it said it was a powder so I figured I would dust the bugs like with the calcium? Thank for the help

I wouldn't know how to judge how much to use as it is dosed in liquid form. If you do so go easy on it too much is as bad as too little. It doesn't offer much beyond the normal supplement routine except for the egg product which is meant as a food replacement. Bug protein is a better food for chameleons.
So yes you can just don't get carried away or call your vet and ask. The calls are free.

The bottom looks a little shallow to me, but it may be the angle or picture.
Are the crix jumping out of the bottom or off of the plastic fabric?
They are literally climbing slowly on the actual container to the right of the grip fabric in there. After falling a couple times they are able to get the the edge and get out, no jumping required 😂

This was him today, one pic is him on my hand a little and the other shows him a little spread out more. Still not the typical size for a 5 month male but I think hes getting there.

Attachments

• 20210126_192802.jpg
    20210126_192802.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2021012695193326.jpg
    2021012695193326.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 40
This was him today, one pic is him on my hand a little and the other shows him a little spread out more. Still not the typical size for a 5 month male but I think hes getting there.
With your hand next to him he actually is not that much smaller though. And there are tarsal spurs right?

This was Bentley on my hand at almost 5 months old. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/10-19-20.52555/
This was Bentley on my hand at 6 months old. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/12-8-20.52854/

With your hand next to him he actually is not that much smaller though. And there are tarsal spurs right?

This was Bentley on my hand at almost 5 months old. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/10-19-20.52555/
This was Bentley on my hand at 6 months old. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/12-8-20.52854/
Yes he has very visible bumps, not sure if I could get a pic of them but I can try, hes sleeping right now though. I absolutely love your chameleons, especially Bentley, I think the translucent chams are adorable.

Yes he has very visible bumps, not sure if I could get a pic of them but I can try, hes sleeping right now though. I absolutely love your chameleons, especially Bentley, I think the translucent chams are adorable.
Ok I just wanted to rule out gender lol. You have been here long enough to know what to look for just wanted to double check hun.

I think getting the fecal results is the best bet right now just because he is not eating as much as he should be for his age. Then go from there. :)

But visually he does not look bad at all. Just smaller then you would expect... But like I said not much smaller. :)

And thank you they are spoiled brats lol. I am kinda partial to Bentley as well shhhhh don't tell Bane and Beman though. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom