Decisions😥

Is 21.5 ok?
The weight is on the lower end of what I would expect.. But you said he was not eating. So that is what catches my attention. A healthy baby does not turn down food. So try to get the fecal done as soon as you can get one. And try to feed from the run, cup, and hand. Load it up so he sees tons of movement. Avoid turning feeders loose in the cage though. If there is a parasite issue the feeders can become contaminated and then the cham just ingests the eggs.

The weight is on the lower end of what I would expect.. But you said he was not eating. So that is what catches my attention. A healthy baby does not turn down food. So try to get the fecal done as soon as you can get one. And try to feed from the run, cup, and hand. Load it up so he sees tons of movement. Avoid turning feeders loose in the cage though. If there is a parasite issue the feeders can become contaminated and then the cham just ingests the eggs.
That's my problem, about 2 crickets are able to get out of the feeder cup a day🙄 they climb right up the plastic

That's my problem, about 2 crickets are able to get out of the feeder cup a day🙄 they climb right up the plastic
You could modify a feeder run like the large shooting gallery run. Even do one out of a plastic container. Using the bottom of it to attach a plastic grid to for them to climb. They sell them at craft stores. I think they are like needlepoint grids... Then cut out part of the lid for him to get them out. then hook on the side of the cage... Load that up. So there are a lot and they are not able to get out as easily.

You could modify a feeder run like the large shooting gallery run. Even do one out of a plastic container. Using the bottom of it to attach a plastic grid to for them to climb. They sell them at craft stores. I think they are like needlepoint grids... Then cut out part of the lid for him to get them out. then hook on the side of the cage... Load that up. So there are a lot and they are not able to get out as easily.
I'll show u a pic of my feeder but the supplement they want me to use is a fukers brand rept boost

Attachments

• 16114217998678922554538896164710.jpg
    16114217998678922554538896164710.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 64
They didnt say specifically, I thought I could just dust his food with it, it also has d3 in it so would I not use my calcium with d3? I dont want to give him to much
So on the label it says use as directed... Which is a mix with water and syringe feed... This worries me. Force feeding is not easy and traumatic for them.
How much is he eating daily right now?

So on the label it says use as directed... Which is a mix with water and syringe feed... This worries me. Force feeding is not easy and traumatic for them.
How much is he eating daily right now?
Well yesterday he eat all 5 of his worms and most of his crickets (which some get out so it's hard to be exact) he probably ate about 8 to 10 crickets. The day before that he only ate a few crickets and same as Wednesday, so hes being kind of weird, he hasnt eaten anything today.

Well yesterday he eat all 5 of his worms and most of his crickets (which some get out so it's hard to be exact) he probably ate about 8 to 10 crickets. The day before that he only ate a few crickets and same as Wednesday, so hes being kind of weird, he hasnt eaten anything today.
I put about 18 crickets and 5 to 6 worms depending on how big they are in his feeder

See that is a good amount though. My worry is he is still actively eating. And if you try to force feed you have to be so very careful doing it. He is small and fragile. Holding their mouth open and aiming for the back is not easy. I am gonna tag in JacksJill she is so much more knowledgeable about this stuff then I am.

@JacksJill thoughts on force feeding flukers repta boost to a 4 month old veiled that is still actively eating each day even though the amount eaten each feeding is not steady? OP is trying to get a fecal to take in to ensure there is not a parasite issue causing appetite/growth issue.

See that is a good amount though. My worry is he is still actively eating. And if you try to force feed you have to be so very careful doing it. He is small and fragile. Holding their mouth open and aiming for the back is not easy. I am gonna tag in JacksJill she is so much more knowledgeable about this stuff then I am.

@JacksJill thoughts on force feeding flukers repta boost to a 4 month old veiled that is still actively eating each day even though the amount eaten each feeding is not steady? OP is trying to get a fecal to take in to ensure there is not a parasite issue causing appetite/growth issue.
If I have to force feed it then it's not happening. I'm sorry but i cannot be responsible for breaking his little jaw or something 🙁

I've force fed my 30 gram chameleons but only 0.1-0.2 ml at a time max. I used a 0.5 ml syringe. You have to be positive you are over the tongue and in the back of the mouth.
You can try getting him drinking and introduce it by dripping it on him as he drinks (messy but it will wash off) or try to force feed while his mouth is open.
Try the drink and drip method first dulute the reptiboost a lot for the first dose.

I've force fed my 30 gram chameleons but only 0.1-0.2 ml at a time max. I used a 0.5 ml syringe. You have to be positive you are over the tongue and in the back of the mouth.
You can try getting him drinking and introduce it by dripping it on him as he drinks (messy but it will wash off) or try to force feed while his mouth is open.
Try the drink and drip method first dulute the reptiboost a lot for the first dose.
Ah I can never get close to him without him running, hes not going to drink in front of me either. Do you know of this supplement and if I can put it on his food?

I personally don't use it. If he's eating a normal supplement schedule is IMO a better option. When I do have to force feed I use either Carnivore Care or a mixture of cricket powder, water and regular supplement. If it is all you can get your hands on then it is better than nothing be sure to get the one your vet is recommending there are a lot of sound alike products.

Flukers ReptA Boost
"NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Ingredients:

Egg Product, Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Soy Protein Isolate, Corn Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Brewer'S Yeast, Dicalcium Phosphate, Kelp Meal, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), DL-Methionine, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Beta Carotene, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), Rosemary, Citric Acid (Preservative), Dextrose, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Ascorbic Acid, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Inositol, Vitamin D, Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide"

VetArc ReptO boost
"Contents: Vitamins A, C & E, Glucose, Electrolytes, Probiotics "

Back
Top Bottom