Daytona Reptile Show 2013 Aug. 16th to 18th

Go with P. terribilis, they are by far the most active and fun to start with imo

I've looked at those but don't really like the colors on the terribilis. Looking at tincs or auratus. Just can't decide which color pattern there are so many choices. :D

I have kept and bred a lot of different dart frogs. I started with azureus and they are still my favorites. They are also very affordable.

The only down side to tincs, and to a lesser degree auratus, is that the females are very territorial and will fight or intimidate one another. They'll also eat one another's eggs. It usually results in the submissive female wasting away. Sometimes the intimidation is so subtle that you won't realize something is up until one of them starts hiding and stops eating.

Some people have success with a trio of 2 males and a female. Auratus aren't quite as bad, but you can never be sure.

The major advantages of having terribilis or bicolors is that they can be kept in groups, they are quite bold, and they eat much larger prey for their size.

I've looked at those but don't really like the colors on the terribilis. Looking at tincs or auratus. Just can't decide which color pattern there are so many choices. :D

Yeah that's the problem I have a 36x18x24 terrarium so I'd like a big group of frogs. But I don't want any bullying so I'm trying to figure out what to do. I've got a couple azureus a single cobalt and a single auratus trying to figure out what I can get away with in the big tank.

Well it’s officially official now; I’ll be down for the Daytona show this year! Woop woop! Looking forward to seeing some old friends again and finally meeting some peeps that I’ve ‘known’ for years through the various chameleon groups but have never met face to face. I fly in on the 14th, let’s get this partay started!

Well it’s officially official now; I’ll be down for the Daytona show this year! Woop woop! Looking forward to seeing some old friends again and finally meeting some peeps that I’ve ‘known’ for years through the various chameleon groups but have never met face to face. I fly in on the 14th, let’s get this partay started!

I'm excited too! Can't wait to meet you. Now if we could only get Brad to come. :)

I'll be there, got my hotel booked:D!! I don't see ANY familiar chameleon vendors on the list though. Other than Dr.O who I will be saying hello to again!!

It's this coming weekend, it hasn't happened yet.

Getting excited now! I'm going to have to work very hard to not come home with any more animals.

No. Sleep. Till DAYTONA! I'm heading down bright and surly this morning to do a little sightseeing before the show. See everyone there! :D

No. Sleep. Till DAYTONA! I'm heading down bright and surly this morning to do a little sightseeing before the show. See everyone there! :D
Wow you're realling getting an early start. Have Fun! We want pics :)

Back
Top Bottom