Dark ridges after shed today... Normal with age?

TheBipolarBear

IMG_20131001_031055.jpg

So my little guy shed today! Right on time, he's been every 3 weeks like clockwork. I took him out for a little bonding time (I know some people advise against this, but he comes out by choice, I never reach in to him!), and he was just about to fall asleep, turning his nice happy green, when I noticed his facial ridges were quite dark. They don't appear to be bothering him, they're just an off color. Is this normal?

Normal

How old is he , i have a male too at 6monts now. The ridges u mentioned on my cham are getting darker and more worn looking with age. They looks so cool ,my veiled looks better and better every week. So no worries bro. He's fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 92
Does he close his eyes when the lights are on? if it is just for a quick second, no problem. But if he closes them for longer, you may need to check your husbandry.

Does he close his eyes when the lights are on? if it is just for a quick second, no problem. But if he closes them for longer, you may need to check your husbandry.

Nope, no abnormal blinking! The only extended periods of blinking are when I'm misting, and that's because he likes to run into the warm spray and drink it :)

How old is he , i have a male too at 6monts now. The ridges u mentioned on my cham are getting darker and more worn looking with age. They looks so cool ,my veiled looks better and better every week. So no worries bro. He's fine

Karma here is between 4-6 months, his exact age is unknown. I went to the local reptile store and took a look at some of the other chameleons at about his size, and the ridges had the same coloration, so I'm definitely more at ease now!

Back
Top Bottom