Damaranum problem

franklin

Yesterday I noticed a problem with my damaranum female:
the articulation of the front legs are very swollen, and the animal has difficulty in using them.
I think I can be a beginning of MBD (because at this time eats very little and then I find it difficult to integrate calcium), or gout.
What can it be? What can I do?
below some photos, the last one was made some few days ago, when the animal did not have this problem.

There was a similar post yesterday and it was believed to be gout. Does your feeders (crickets,roaches etc) have a high protein diet?
I would make a vet appointment.

Howdy,

From the photo, that swelling looks more likely to be an infection. If it is limited to that one limb then I'd lean towards an infection. If it is an infection, it usually requires a long stretch of antibiotic treatments to clear it. There is a risk of it entering the bone and that can be even harder to resolve.

Here's an example of an advanced case in a Dwarf Fischer's (a rescue) that started with a cut on the elbow:
IMG_0855.jpg

Could be gout...could be an infection...all we can do is guess. You need to take this chameleon to a vet to get a diagnosis. Either way it will need appropriate treatment.

Back
Top Bottom