Daily Free range

reptimanny

I started to free range my female veiled on a daily basis and i was wondering if that causes her stress going from the cage to free range daily? She seems to be fine with it but maybe i may be stressing her out and i don't know it.

I started to free range my female veiled on a daily basis and i was wondering if that causes her stress going from the cage to free range daily? She seems to be fine with it but maybe i may be stressing her out and i don't know it.

i'd like to hear the thoughts on this also...... lisa

Mine gets a little stressed being put BACK in the cage. He cannot wait to get out though! When I free range mine he is getting good morning sun on my patio so I outweigh that against the stress. I think sometimes we worry too much!!!!

If they handle being handled well they should be fine. I did that with panthers in my greenhouse for a long time and they were no worse for the wear.

The more frequently this moving happens, the more stressed he will be.

I had this problem with my outdoor cage during winter. Id have to move him in nightly, for about a 2.5 week period, becuase the temps dropped too low.

They can definitely handle it, but if its a habit, it will stress them.

Will he die...no.

Thanks all for your help. she seems to be fine while being held in and out of the cage. it helps cause she also has food out on the branches of her free range area in a cup.

I free range my chameleons all the time and when I had the babies I took them out of the cage and free ranged them as much as possible. Now the one baby that's still with me, all I've got to do is open the door and she comes right out.......can't wait to get out. She grabs trying to hold on to things trying to not have to go back in when free range time is over.

Back
Top Bottom