Cristatus hatchlings

Sorry for the late replies. I was out of the area for quite a bit and with limited internet access.

beautiful and so cute! You can see a good difference between male and female? I guess males are greener and have bright blue on the casques right?

As Trace beat me to it, there are no obvious size differences. The colours (even from a few days old) until now are a dead giveaway, but you can confirm sex by checking out the tails. Thankfully, these things are not that hard to sex. *knock on wood*

Did they all hatch? (I remember there were 10/11 hatched at the beginning of this thread). Did you lose any since they hatched? How many males? Females?

The 11th hatched 4 or 5 days after the others. Here's a picture:
IMG_0655.jpg

It still had a significant yolk sac, which disappeared about 24 hours after hatching. I had some high hopes, as he moved around a bit his first couple of days, but he did not last much longer than that.

At about 2 weeks, I lost one (a runt), and another [runt] at about 1 month. The rest (8) are fat, happy and healthy. Trace has 1.1 of them. I think at hatching, we were 50/50 male:female, but I did not bother to note the sex of the two who died.

Are they still nasty and hateful? They look pretty calm in your photos. I was wondering if they are a species that's "fiesty".

Ah, you answered my question.

Mine are not nearly as feisty, as compared to when they first hatched out. Trace's girl is a feisty little thing, but mine for the most part are not. The babies that I have left are still co-habitating, and even though they tend to hang out in separate areas, I have not yet seen any fighting, and the bulk of them go to sleep on the same branch at night.

They look great guys!!! I hope they grow up to be even angrier than now!! Especially your pair T:p

Mrs G is teaching them how to be ungrateful towards Trace. :)

Drew

Back
Top Bottom