crickets keeps dying

I know it has been mentioned, but are you able to try a different source? I'm not a pro, but your setup for them seems fine, better than mine actually. I can't remember the last time I had a dead cricket.

I buy 250 at a time from Josh's Frogs, and feed them Bug Burger exclusively. I literally run out of crickets about every two weeks and have an empty cricket keeper that I simply dump out the "dust" and rinse in the sink with scalding hot water (I wash with dish washing liquid every 3-4 cleanings)then use a few paper towels to dry.

I have one of these for a keeper, pretty basic.
https://www.joshsfrogs.com/exo-terra-cricket-pen-large.html

Don't tell my wife I use the kitchen sink spray hose to clean the keeper...:cautious:

I know it has been mentioned, but are you able to try a different source? I'm not a pro, but your setup for them seems fine, better than mine actually. I can't remember the last time I had a dead cricket.

I buy 250 at a time from Josh's Frogs, and feed them Bug Burger exclusively. I literally run out of crickets about every two weeks and have an empty cricket keeper that I simply dump out the "dust" and rinse in the sink with scalding hot water (I wash with dish washing liquid every 3-4 cleanings)then use a few paper towels to dry.

I have one of these for a keeper, pretty basic.
https://www.joshsfrogs.com/exo-terra-cricket-pen-large.html

Don't tell my wife I use the kitchen sink spray hose to clean the keeper...:cautious:

Just ordered 500 from Josh. Lets see...

Do you feed rapashy dry?

Just ordered 500 from Josh. Lets see...

Do you feed rapashy dry?

No, 3 parts powder to one part water. The container includes a measuring device.

Mix water and bug burger completely, removing any lumps. Microwave for a minute or until it starts to boils. Stir again and pour into a plastic lid or mold. It sets up in a few minutes like Jello. Cut and feed.

Smells great, but needs sugar for my taste. :rolleyes:

Most people dont feed repashy dry but i do i think i get better results and the crickets love it and they last longer i think

I've had endless issues with cricket shipments, from multiple sources coming in dead and dying. I've been working with reptiles and feeder for years, so this is new to mto have such issues. My best solution was to add ceramic heat emitters and order Joshsfrogs.com banded crickets. Josh'sfrogs.com is a site sponser and their customer service is very good. I've had very few issues with them and they promptly take care of anything that needs addressed.

Bought yesterday 100 crickets from LLL reptile in mission valley. So far only a couple died.

I guess its the escondido store. :/

Back
Top Bottom