crickets keeps dying

nstd

Established Member
I have a dubia colony. my banded crickets from LLL keeps dying. I buy 100 and put them in a Rubbermaid tub with 5 egg crates with water crystals, bug burger and carrots. temp drops to 60s at night and goes up to 70-80 during the day.

each day I probably pick out 5 crickets. I don't leave dead crickets in bin. some times they will die at night and some times during the day. its frustrating. i'm only feeding crickets for diversity.

Is it my source? I've only cleaned my bin with vinegar/water.

Everything seems normal about how you're keeping them. I rarely get any dead from ghanns banded crickets. Almost to an annoyance lol, if they hide in his cage or escape, they live forever. Maybe try a different source?

All good info you have received! Buying healthy crickets is a must! Adequate air flow is incredibly important! Enough water available is vital! High quality food a must! One thing that I think you can surely improve on is night time temps! Crickets have a hard time when their temperatures drop below 70.

Hope this helps.

All good info you have received! Buying healthy crickets is a must! Adequate air flow is incredibly important! Enough water available is vital! High quality food a must! One thing that I think you can surely improve on is night time temps! Crickets have a hard time when their temperatures drop below 70.

Hope this helps.

Do you suggest adding vents on the side? Or installing some sort of fan?

Hi I live in San Diego and go to LLL all the time for feeders and equipment. Which store did you purchase from? I've purchased from the Escondido store a couple times their crickets to seem to last long I won't buy crickets from there anymore however their store on mission George which is my regular store I go to has very healthy crickets and they last very long.

Hi I live in San Diego and go to LLL all the time for feeders and equipment. Which store did you purchase from? I've purchased from the Escondido store a couple times their crickets to seem to last long I won't buy crickets from there anymore however their store on mission George which is my regular store I go to has very healthy crickets and they last very long.

Poison,

I go to the Escondido store. Maybe it's my ventilation?

How does your cricket set up look like?

Hi, sorry I meant to say the crickets from Escondido DONT last long. I don't keep crickets long anything I buy is feed off within a couple days. The crickets I got from Escondido died a day after. The crickets they have in at this time I strongly believe are a bad batch.

Have you bought from them recently?

Here's my set up...

Attachments

• DSC09069.jpg
    DSC09069.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC09070.jpg
    DSC09070.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC09065.jpg
    DSC09065.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 94
I was giving mine as gel and they kept dieing but once i started giving it to them dry with gel crystal separate they lived alot longer

Back
Top Bottom