Cricket laying eggs?

Eyal

I bout a sack of crickets, and I keep saying to myself, I NEED TO BREED CRIX!. Well got 2 pregnant crickets i think... Well they are REALLY fat. So i put them in a box with dirt (soil). And they emediatly made holes and put their "thing"down the hole and beginning to pump their stomach. Is this how they lay eggs?
Please respond!

Tack care
David

Yes this is how crickets lay their eggs. They'll deposit them in moist soil and if you keep things warm and make sure the soil stays moist, you have baby crickets.

Hey,

I have had alot of experience with breeding crickets.
The older crickets probably will dig to get to the eggs and eat them thats why you should put the laying stuff in something like a plastic container.
Once the you have seen the females lay eggs for quite awhile and look thin then take the container and put it in some other container for them to hatch in.
Lots of people have been able to hatch the eggs but fail at raising them.
To raise them the container they are in should be dry if its moist they will die thats one of the secrets I have learned and you can feed them your own veggies like carrots, lettuce etc and the best thing to feed them is a product made by JurassiPet its like a cricket gultoad that are little brown stuff, that stuff makes them grow faster and if they dont get water they will eat the other crickets to get their fluids!
So for water get like a paper towel and wet it then put it on a lid of a container but not a tall lide something like the lid from the container your crickets come in from the stores.
Thats about all I know.

I had about a thousand criceket eggs but they never hatched. I used a heat pad and kept them moist. What should be the temps? How long does it usually take for the eggs to hatch?

Hi There. I bet the temp should be around 25 - 35 degrees celcius... so about 78-?? farehnheit.. ? Like 2 weeks

I had about a thousand criceket eggs but they never hatched. I used a heat pad and kept them moist. What should be the temps? How long does it usually take for the eggs to hatch?

My first batch took like 4 days to hatch at around 28C.
The next one only hatched 2 weeks later, with nearly the same temps so I guess they could hatch from about a week to 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom