Cricket food question

Damus

So i work somewhere that throws a bunch of food away everynight and was wondering if any of it was alright to feed my crix. So heres a list, thanks in advance.

Bread, French white and 7grain wheat
Cucumbers
Onions
Tomatoes
Iceburg lettuce

The cucumbers and tomatoes are probably the best things there. As "part" of their diet, I don't think any of it is that bad, but you'll want to get things with more vitamins in there too.

The cucumbers and tomatoes are probably the best things there. As "part" of their diet, I don't think any of it is that bad, but you'll want to get things with more vitamins in there too.

i was gunna say..prolly the cucumbers are good..and maybe a tomato for hydraition..

You could still use better ingredients though if you use any of it you are taking a risk.

nothing great there, and Iceberg lettuce isn't even good for us. It has zero nutrients. Now if you where finding romaine that'd be good.

The tomatoes are probably good the bread would be good too.it's worth a shot :D

Tomatoes are high in oxalates, which bind calcium and prevent it from being absorbed, and bread is high in phosphorus, which also prevents calcium from being absorbed. Neither of those are good choices, nor is anything else on the list unfortunately. Cucumbers don't have anything bad, but they are pretty much just big pockets of mush and water.

This list has excellent nutritional info on commonly available fruits and veggies to guide your gutloading. Aim for higher calcium than phosphorus ratios and avoid goitrogens and oxalates. Read more here.

Back
Top Bottom