Cricket Escape

ajacobson

So I saw my cat eat something on the floor, which is fine it meant whatever it was was gone. Later my husband started freaking out in the kitchen because one of my "giant" crickets was invading the kitchen. (lol) Turns out my bratty cat opened my cricket box and was "free-ranging" himself! I guess I wAs lucky I only had a few stragglers in the container or that could have been bad!

I just had to share, it was too funny!

Oh gosh!:)
my cat is afraid to go in my room D:
I think hes scared of my Chams but he loves my turtles:)
lol I always lose a few crickets here and there but i hate it when the big ones get out D: then i can't sleep and I spazz out thinking ones like near me :eek::eek: lol

My husband would be so upset, lol he'd probably move into a hotel until they were gone, then make me buy crix weekly! ;)

my sister wouldn't even approach a house with a cricket in it :eek: she once had a tiny cricket get stuck in her ear when we were kids.. shes terrified of them she will run from them :)

haha everyone has an escapies here & there :)
but i dont mind :p
i think cricket chirping is relaxing lol and when i get fed up il let ruru free rang & she usually finds them lol they done have much of a chance with her out she will get anything that moves :D

I have my lid on my crickets closed 24/7 and I swear every two weeks I find
SOME HOW SOME WAY 2 or 3 crickets escape.
I found one in my tub once and one chillin in the middle of my living room.
It creeps me out at night knowing there could be one in my room some where loose D:

I don't mind the escapees, the hubby sure does. I just thought it was funny that my cat decided he need a treat. Oh, speaking of...I see him catching another one.. haha

Its the worst! But something eve worse then that.... I grabbed 50 crickets yesterday from the reptile shop literally 2 minutes away from my house, and on the drive home every single one of them died from the Florida heat. On a 2 minute drive... it was nuts.

Its the worst! But something eve worse then that.... I grabbed 50 crickets yesterday from the reptile shop literally 2 minutes away from my house, and on the drive home every single one of them died from the Florida heat. On a 2 minute drive... it was nuts.

Do they put them in plastic bags? My pet store puts them in brown sandwich bags and I never have a problem. Even when it's 113 degrees + here.

Funny this topic was made because i found my cat trying to kill an escaped cricket last night. I stopped her and threw it back in with the others lol. She had mangled it though so it probably died today :(. One time I dropped my adult crickets while goin up the stairs and about 10+ got out and i freaked out cuz I cant stand the adults. Luckily my cat was there again and she helped me catch a few lol.

Yup, plastic bags. I had them on the floor of my truck with the AC blasting too, but on the 2 minute ride home the bags deflated, got condensation inside them somehow, and roasted all the crickets. I called and complained and the owner said it's so hot he saw someone's snake die in a dixie cup being walked from the parking lot to his store.

Oh gosh!:)
my cat is afraid to go in my room D:
I think hes scared of my Chams but he loves my turtles:)
lol I always lose a few crickets here and there but i hate it when the big ones get out D: then i can't sleep and I spazz out thinking ones like near me :eek::eek: lol

so true! u have no idea the countless nights of sleep i lost scared to death of the mother of all crickets loose somewhere in my appartment. Funny thing is one of my biggest fears growing up was crickets! i've always hated them with a passion but i have learned to cope with the small and medium sized ones now. I mean i wont touch them or anything but i can deal with it. on ocasion like right now, when the stores are out of the size i usually get i have the buy the larges with the wings and they freak the heck out of me!
one day i literaly jumped on my bed and wouldn't move for an hour because i dropped one and it scurried under my dresser. I called my boyfriend to come and save me and he started laughing like it was a joke... let a lone i was dead serious lol! i stayed on my bed and patiently waited for a full hour like an idiot till the thing re appeared and i captured it in a cup and vengfully fed it right away to my cham haha :p :)

so true! u have no idea the countless nights of sleep i lost scared to death of the mother of all crickets loose somewhere in my appartment. Funny thing is one of my biggest fears growing up was crickets! i've always hated them with a passion but i have learned to cope with the small and medium sized ones now. I mean i wont touch them or anything but i can deal with it. on ocasion like right now, when the stores are out of the size i usually get i have the buy the larges with the wings and they freak the heck out of me!
one day i literaly jumped on my bed and wouldn't move for an hour because i dropped one and it scurried under my dresser. I called my boyfriend to come and save me and he started laughing like it was a joke... let a lone i was dead serious lol! i stayed on my bed and patiently waited for a full hour like an idiot till the thing re appeared and i captured it in a cup and vengfully fed it right away to my cham haha :p :)

Wait til you find one in your bed or on your pillow!

Its happened a couple of times to me and it has been my boyfriend that has bolted out of bed screaming like something is ripping his foot off and swearing that we are never getting another cham again :rolleyes:

I like them though....I like the chirping at night its like camping but with all the luxuries you don't have to give up :)

Wait til you find one in your bed or on your pillow!

Its happened a couple of times to me and it has been my boyfriend that has bolted out of bed screaming like something is ripping his foot off and swearing that we are never getting another cham again :rolleyes:

I like them though....I like the chirping at night its like camping but with all the luxuries you don't have to give up :)

Crickets are nothing. I found a SCORPION in my bed....after it stung me when I was sleeping. lol

I keep my crickets in a covered enclosure in an outside patio and tend to find loose crickets wandering around. I really have no idea how they get out..

ajacobson, wow, scorpion in your bed? Now that would freak me out and I handle insects fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom