Couple of questions about cham in new enclosure

Ryan617

So, I moved my Veiled into a new enclosure and everything seemed good at first but lately I haven't seen him go to his feeding cups and eat lately and his coloration gets to an odd color during the day. At night he goes towards the bottom of the cage tucked under a leaf and has normal coloration. I dust crickets daily with calcium w.o d3 and ill give him about 5 medium sized superworms towards the end of the day and i mist the top of the cage until there's a good amount of water droplets about 3 times a day and I make sure he's drinking

I switched from a 13W 100 UVB bulb to a 13W 5.0 bulb because i read that the 100 would hurt his eyesight and when i switched the bulbs he was on the top of the cage directly under the bulb which was odd because I haven't seen him do that before.

Also whenever I turn my heat lamp on for him to bask in, he'll go to it and sit in it and puff out and turn into the weird color i was talking about, any ideas?

And I noticed his poop has been smaller too

Attachments

• IMG_3714.jpg
    IMG_3714.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3724.jpg
    IMG_3724.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3727.jpg
    IMG_3727.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3728.jpg
    IMG_3728.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 113
I would not use less than a 26w ReptiSun 5.0 CFL. A tube T8 or T5 would be better. If he is trying to get close he is probably trying to get more UVB.

If he is getting close to the basking bulb and turning dark/stretching out it is because he is trying to get as much heat as possible. What is his basking temperature?

5 superworms a day is more than I'd recommend. They are more of a treat item and if they get too many they may eat nothing else.

It also can take a while for them to get used to the cage.

Back
Top Bottom