Cooling down enclosure

so I found this temperature activated plug thing, but the problem is that I doubt it is waterproof, so I wouldn’t be able to put the sensor inside of the viv.

So it has a remote where you set the temperatures that you want it on and off at and the remote has a stand where you set it up and it takes the trampoline and connects to the outlet. I also have a glass tank so I doubt the temp next to the enclosure will be the same inside. The closest I could get would be on top. Does anyone know anything similar that might work better?

(This is the link if anyone’s interested)
https://www.amazon.com/Nashone-Cont...emperature+sensor+plug&qid=1591298528&sr=8-11

The reviews seem like its accurate, but the instructions seem to suck
I found another one, too. It is a bit bulkier, but it has a probe to use for temp.

https://www.amazon.com/WILLHI-WH143...emperature+sensor+plug&qid=1591299217&sr=8-15

Here in Arizona its been over 105 the last two weeks. I just bought a personal air conditioner from home depot(arctic air ultra) for a small room . I installed it this morning so Ill let you know if it helps!

Yeah, it was just an idea. I didn’t really think about all that. There are mini air conditioners that I found for $40 and I was wondering if that would work, or if it would be too much. I could set up a system so that it would go off for 5 minutes(?) if the temp is above x amount. Possibly redirecting the airflow if it into a tube to push the cool air to the bottom corner of the enclosure at the farthest point from the heat lamp. The time might have to be changed as well to fit the time needed for it to actually produce cool air. Another factor is the cost of running this.

Could this have any negative impacts on the cham as well?

This is just an idea that I thought up quick and I don’t know any fine details. The timing deal could probably be accomplished with a smart outlet and a WiFi thermometer. Maybe I could make a program that would log the temps every 5 minutes or so and if the temp gets too high it’ll turn on the smart outlet with the mini air conditioner attached.

This could be super overkill, but what do you think?

Air conditioning drys the air out through heat exchange, some have settings to add some moisture from coils bk into it re humidify it but overall it will take humidity down(definitely dont have on dry setting).
I have a couple of raspberry pi I'm going to tinker with mainly for temperature logging maybe some automation. Is this what you intend to use?

So ice packs can cool down a cage 35 degrees?!!
Not exactly the inside of my house only gets up to 85 luckily I get night time drops to 60 at night. The specie I have I a highland chameleon so they would do better with night drops of 50 and I’ve been told 40 is even better

Not exactly the inside of my house only gets up to 85 luckily I get night time drops to 60 at night. The specie I have I a highland chameleon so they would do better with night drops of 50 and I’ve been told 40 is even better
Wow, that's still a decent drop, though.

Back
Top Bottom