Cool plant??

niels99

Hi guys

My mom got me these plants and i thought theyd look really cool in a viv. So if any of you guys knows its name (no card on the plant :( ) please let me know so i can look it up at the safeplants list.
20161007_133742.jpg
20161007_133747.jpg
20161007_133752.jpg

Hi there, I'm guessing common parlour palm, Chamaedorea elegans, I have a few and they are very nice , can get big but I just chop bit's off now and then.
I'm sure they will look nice in you viv. Well done Mom.
Extensionofgreen is a plants man so he may correct me :)

They indeed look really nice. Im planning to replace the yuka with these. Since theyre a lot softer

I think they look like bella palms but could be wrong. Im not sure if they are safe or not for chams . I do know my cat has eaten one and lived:p

It looks like a palm plant. If you have a misting system, many plants can't survive the roots being constantly wet. Check this out before buying any plants!

There is nothing as good as a Pathos for excessive water issues.

CHEERS!

Nick

It is indeed a parlor palm, suitable for lower light and will tolerate moisture, IF the soil is amended with coarse perlite, small lava rock, or charcoal.
Some list state these are toxic, but I'd not worry, unless my chameleon really took an unusual interest in eating large amounts.

EoG, do you have a comprehensive safe list you use? I'm always on the lookout for better/different plants and your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys

My mom got me these plants and i thought theyd look really cool in a viv. So if any of you guys knows its name (no card on the plant :( ) please let me know so i can look it up at the safeplants list.View attachment 167872 View attachment 167873 View attachment 167874

Those great Plants They look like Dracenea Palms.
I sure you've all heard of this beautiful plant ,broad leaf,strong branches and beautiful flowers from yellow,orange,pink and reds .Also edible for Chameleon.
HIbiscus plant

Those great Plants They look like Dracenea Palms.
I sure you've all heard of this beautiful plant ,broad leaf,strong branches and beautiful flowers from yellow,orange,pink and reds .Also edible for Chameleon.
HIbiscus plant
I dont think they look like dracaena palms..... to be honest im not very good at plant identification but I had 2 bella palms that looked identical to those

I do no my not have a specific plant list I use. I draw on my vast horticultural experience and knowledge of plant in general. When I find a plant I'm unfamiliar with, I google it and nearly 100% of cases you will find EVERY plant on someone's toxic list. When that happens, I investigate the symptomology of the toxic actions of the plant and evaluate from there. 8/10 times it's a matter of a plant possibly causing a belly ache and vomiting in mammalian pets and the plants pose no real threat. I won't use plants that have known toxicity with veileds, if it's anything more than a possible belly ache or oxalate crystals. Most other chameleons are safe with most plants and I find way more instances of plants possibly causing mechanical injury or being unsuitable for a chameleon's habitat conditions then I find anyone inquiring about any actually dangerously toxic plants. When someone is using a plant with known dangers, they are often too attached to it to heed any warnings anyway and I'm not aware of any chameleons dying from ingesting of plants used in their enclosure.

It is safe to use as other people already said. I have used it in my vivs. My advise is keep it away from the UV and do not let the soil too wet or it will just die.

Back
Top Bottom