cooking???

Ryan123

do i need to bake bagged play sand for a laying bin??? how do you correctly steralize anything you put in there??? like soil in plants branches and the PLAY SAND???

thanks

do i need to bake bagged play sand for a laying bin??? how do you correctly steralize anything you put in there??? like soil in plants branches and the PLAY SAND???

thanks

Why would you wash dirt? :p I don't think you will ever get it clean :D Let dirt be dirt just use a good source. Play sand is clean when you buy it.

but people can get pinworms from it so cant a chameleon too??? why do you cook branches then???? i just wanna be 100% safe when i bring some girls in

but people can get pinworms from it so cant a chameleon too??? why do you cook branches then???? i just wanna be 100% safe when i bring some girls in

Personally I do not "cook" branches. I use bamboo and other sources for the cage.

As far as dirt goes. They are not ingesting it, only digging and laying eggs. Like I said before use a good source. Don't use something that has a higher chance of contamination.

In the wild no one washes their dirt before they dig. If it makes you feel better bake it. I doubt it will have much if any benefit for your chameleon. It will only be for your peace of mind.

Relax and Enjoy your chameleon:cool:

for my uro and my beardie i use washed, kiln dried play sand. they get alittle in their mouth from time to time but have had no problems in over 3 years of keeping them in it. its pretty clean stuff.

I dont bother to wash the playsand used in the laying bin. This has not caused any issues at all over the years. I do however throw away the sand and replace yearly. All the moisture and warmth does allow bacteria and such to potentially grow.

Playsand is for sandboxes...do you think that it would be sold for that use if your children could get pinworms from it?? The way you get pinworms from sand is if the neighborhood cats/stray cats and such use it as a "washroom" and they have pinworms. This is why its important to cover the kids' sandbox.

alright thanks everyone!!! should i place rocks on the tops of the plants pots in the cage??? im going to be housing females

Back
Top Bottom