converting a repti breeze x-large to a hybrid design

Hi yall new to the forum and the proud keeper of a veiled chameleon named ahmed ebn fahalan. i have him housed in a repti breeze x-large and was thinking about putting acrylic panels on three sides to help retain the humidity at night. have any of you done this ? if so how did you go about doing it and where do i get a good deal on purchasing the acrylic? thanks in advance for your help and feed back.

I’m sure someone has tried that. Most use either a shower curtain or this stuff. CF597184-9E18-4F29-B54B-716AC967CC64.jpeg

I did not do acrylic sides, which would be cool. But I did what @Beman did and added pvc board walls. She also says you can get 20 guage clear marine vinyl and rescreen the enclosure sides with it, giving you solid clear walls.

Attachments

• 20210130_133034.jpg
    20210130_133034.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 211
Just curious how does the marine vinyl hold up to the heat and uv?
It is made to deal with it. They use it on boats. I have had no issue with it at all. It is not cheap... But I have bought a few times from this seller. Just make sure you do the 20 gauge. https://www.etsy.com/listing/492482460/clear-marine-vinyl-by-the-yard-20-30-40?ref=yr_purchases

The PVC board I bought is 1/8 of an inch thick. I totally re worked this enclosures with both of these. So PVC on the side and back panels, door is done with the marine vinyl and then the top and service door are all screen for chimney effect air flow.

The cage I reworked is the left one in the pic sitting next to two DS hybrid enclosures. Middle one is a full hybrid with acrylic door and right side came in with the doors screen so I put in the vinyl on the door panels only.

updated clear fronts all.jpg

Back
Top Bottom