My new Tamura design with some personal modifications

crosscutts

Chameleon Enthusiast
So this time when I purchased a 100% acrylic front Tamura design, with the now named, crosscutt side doors I decided to do my own modifications , basically personalize it. so I added a pull out electrical panel , 2 computer fans on the top, four jungle Dawns 22 inch ,2 65K fluorescent ,1 12% Acadia UVB , both House of Hydro homemade fogger reservoir for Miss King . Then I added a rolling base.

Attachments

• IMG_8139.jpeg
    IMG_8139.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8141.jpeg
    IMG_8141.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8215.jpeg
    IMG_8215.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8224.jpeg
    IMG_8224.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8256.jpeg
    IMG_8256.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8408.jpeg
    IMG_8408.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8601.jpeg
    IMG_8601.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8639.jpeg
    IMG_8639.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8652.jpeg
    IMG_8652.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8656.jpeg
    IMG_8656.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 44
Very nice - can you tell me a little bit about the privacy curtain thing you've got going on at the top, currently rolled up. Maybe some additional pix and links to parts ( if possible )? I'm trying to devise something for my enclosure too and have looked at various things and yet to come up with something I'd be good with. Yours may just be the tix I'm looking for.

TIA!

Very nice - can you tell me a little bit about the privacy curtain thing you've got going on at the top, currently rolled up. Maybe some additional pix and links to parts ( if possible )? I'm trying to devise something for my enclosure too and have looked at various things and yet to come up with something I'd be good with. Yours may just be the tix I'm looking for.

TIA!
The privacy shade I have on top what is an eight dollar paper when you can buy at Home Depot , eventually, I plan on getting a mini blind to fit the front. The fogger is made out of a Home Depot tub and a three heads system from house of Hydro. The pull out tray is basically a piece of plywood with. Drawer slides mounted on the back. I dropped the tub into the base which gave me more room for filling up. I also used liquid rubber to cover the top to protect the wood . added some tubing on the side so that I could tell how much water is in the reservoir. The mist king shows up on Monday. I will install that underneath the water bucket as I’ve left a niche and they live there.

Attachments

• IMG_8669.jpeg
    IMG_8669.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8670.jpeg
    IMG_8670.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8671.jpeg
    IMG_8671.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8672.jpeg
    IMG_8672.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 37
The privacy shade I have on top what is an eight dollar paper when you can buy at Home Depot , eventually, I plan on getting a mini blind to fit the front. The fogger is made out of a Home Depot tub and a three heads system from house of Hydro. The pull out tray is basically a piece of plywood with. Drawer slides mounted on the back. I dropped the tub into the base which gave me more room for filling up. I also used liquid rubber to cover the top to protect the wood . added some tubing on the side so that I could tell how much water is in the reservoir. The mist king shows up on Monday. I will install that underneath the water bucket as I’ve left a niche and they live there.
@crosscutts you added some amazing work to a already awesome enclosure 👍👏
You're setting the bar out of my reach !!!

Thank you for this bit of info and the additional pic. Not what I thought it was but I'll take a look at the approach more JIC. Again, great job, looks very comfy for your cham.

So this time when I purchased a 100% acrylic front Tamura design, with the now named, crosscutt side doors I decided to do my own modifications , basically personalize it. so I added a pull out electrical panel , 2 computer fans on the top, four jungle Dawns 22 inch ,2 65K fluorescent ,1 12% Acadia UVB , both House of Hydro homemade fogger reservoir for Miss King . Then I added a rolling base.
Truly spectacular!

This photo is making me think of the outlets from the Christmas Vacation or Christmas Story movies.

I counted 8 different bulky timing devices and multiple outlet strips, some with splitters attached. I’m no electrician but YIKES.

Please consider using a Kasa smart outlet strip. They make a smaller version (4 plugs) so buy 2 strips if you need 8 plugs total. You can schedule on/of times for each individual plug on the strip. It can even run your Mist King.

https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-P...ocphy=9007220&hvtargid=pla-558184137244&psc=1

Message me if you want some more info. Heck, even call me and I’ll walk you through the setup if needed. It’s really easy.

Attachments

• 73EA22E3-DD1C-4134-B691-69B5D44EED4A.png
    73EA22E3-DD1C-4134-B691-69B5D44EED4A.png
    612.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 813370AC-4D29-4CD1-AF21-EC49D62D934F.png
    813370AC-4D29-4CD1-AF21-EC49D62D934F.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 869863B5-1704-4F13-BAAE-0B52DDBB3EE0.jpeg
    869863B5-1704-4F13-BAAE-0B52DDBB3EE0.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
This photo is making me think of the outlets from the Christmas Vacation or Christmas Story movies.

I counted 8 different bulky timing devices and multiple outlet strips, some with splitters attached. I’m no electrician but YIKES.

Please consider using a Kasa smart outlet strip. They make a smaller version (4 plugs) so buy 2 strips if you need 8 plugs total. You can schedule on/of times for each individual plug on the strip. It can even run your Mist King.

https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-P...ocphy=9007220&hvtargid=pla-558184137244&psc=1

Message me if you want some more info. Heck, even call me and I’ll walk you through the setup if needed. It’s really easy.
Well, that’s your opinion , but I’m a master carpenter and a contractor .I’ve used several different kinds of timers and gone back to mechanical timers. I’m able to turn them on and off manually. And also adjust the time we needed without having to remove or reset digital . I’ve also had the digital timers fail constantly. Mechanical timers are much more user-friendly and very cheap six bucks . The entire system draws less than 2 amps including lights . Which is less than 115 amp breaker. I can run 7 systems on a single breaker with zero issues. The other issue is outlets are not designed for multiple timers . So spacing is at a Premium . I’m very happy with the way my timers function . I did go with a single herpastst system. At $700. I was able to get more efficiency out of mechanical timers. Then I was out of that system. I’ve been building and keeping Chamaeleons for close to 30 years . You do you.

Last edited:

These power strips you recommended can only have two timers at once not enough space no different than the ones I used. You would still need three power strips to run my system.

Attachments

• IMG_8736.png
    IMG_8736.png
    178 KB · Views: 32
These power strips you recommended can only have two timers at once not enough space no different than the ones I used. You would still need three power strips to run my system.
No the timers are built into the strip itself and you control them via an app on your phone. Here is a screen shot of my setup. I can set multiple on/off times for each individual plug on that strip.

Attachments

• C23AC182-5CDF-4C3E-94F2-39CDF8698C22.png
    C23AC182-5CDF-4C3E-94F2-39CDF8698C22.png
    273 KB · Views: 28
  • 9288129B-6650-411E-A6C8-C98AAA991DB9.png
    9288129B-6650-411E-A6C8-C98AAA991DB9.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom