Considering

Aleris

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now and learning all I can about chams. I am looking at buying one in the near future and was wondering if anyone went back and forth when thinking about purchasing one. I have the money for everything, and have had exotic pets before, including lizards. I am very interested in a cham, but at times I go back and forth on my decision. What did some of you go through when making your decision to purchase your cham for the first time? I even know who I would buy from and everything. My wife encourages me to get one and my children are excited, but I still hesitate. Would love to hear any first time experiences when you were considering making the purchase.

Lastly, and off topic from above, but what do you use to house crickets? I have not read what people use.

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now and learning all I can about chams. I am looking at buying one in the near future and was wondering if anyone went back and forth when thinking about purchasing one. I have the money for everything, and have had exotic pets before, including lizards. I am very interested in a cham, but at times I go back and forth on my decision. What did some of you go through when making your decision to purchase your cham for the first time? I even know who I would buy from and everything. My wife encourages me to get one and my children are excited, but I still hesitate. Would love to hear any first time experiences when you were considering making the purchase.

Lastly, and off topic from above, but what do you use to house crickets? I have not read what people use.

hi an welcome to the fourm, i keep crickets in a plastic storage bin there cheap an easy to clean. as far as goin bk an forth on buyen a cham?its happened to all of us at one time then you break down an get one then the addiction begins and before you know it you have alot of them....:D

When I was considering getting my chameleon, my biggest concern was being able to provide the best home possible for one of them. As long as you do quite a bit of research and don't cut corners, it is totally worth it. My mistking was the best purchase I have ever made, and day after day, my little guy amazes me with his quirky personality and AMAZING colors. If you do decide to purchase one, and decide on a panther, I HIGHLY recommend the Kammers, who run Kammerflage Kreations, url: www.chameleonsonly.com. Fantastic colors, amazingly healthy, and nearly 2 years after my purchase of my ambilobe, Liddy still happily answers questions. :)

Owning a chameleons is a wonderful thing but sometimes a work. The one thing I mostly worry about and still do is someone to take care of them while im out of town and etc

I jumped in head first.
I saw a little veiled, went home did some quick research, and two days later, bought my first cham.
Im now two chams into the hobby, and starting two breeding projects.
I have only a few warnings for you...
1- they arent cheap.
2- they are severely addicting.
3- be prepared for loose bugs in your house.
4- be prepared to want to creep these forums like most of us do.
5- they are severely addicting.

that is all.

and welcome!

I jumped in head first.
I saw a little veiled, went home did some quick research, and two days later, bought my first cham.
1- they arent cheap.

that is all.

and welcome!

LOL This is all true! I saw my first one in a pet store, had NO idea they could be kept as pets. I saw her and had to have her right then in there. Definetly a bad move, had to get up to speed REAL quick. Good for you doing research. JUST GET THE CHAMELEON!

I researched for months and months and went back and forth, yes, no, maybe!!.... my daughter was the one who kept pushing me to get one. I am so glad I did!! It is by far the coolest pet I have ever owned!

I jumped in head first.
1- they arent cheap.

that is all.

and welcome!

lol so true

hahah. i thought it was funny.
i learned the addicting part after i got kink.

now my cham wish list is like 20 cham species long... and there are blank spots for ones i want, but cant afford/dont know the names of....

and i wil nbe the first to admit, im a forum creeper. i come in and out all day cuz i get bored at work.

I spent weeks studying and went back and forth between yes and never mind, it was probably a bad idea anyways, but then I just bought everything for its enclosure and decided that there is no backing doWn at this point. Just go for it!

hahah. i thought it was funny.
i learned the addicting part after i got kink.

now my cham wish list is like 20 cham species long... and there are blank spots for ones i want, but cant afford/dont know the names of....

and i wil nbe the first to admit, im a forum creeper. i come in and out all day cuz i get bored at work.

:p If im not playing skyrim or taking care of chams, im usually on here! Somtimes at the same time:rolleyes:

I spent weeks studying and went back and forth between yes and never mind, it was probably a bad idea anyways, but then I just bought everything for its enclosure and decided that there is no backing doWn at this point. Just go for it!

Rollercoasters are awsome...

:p If im not playing skyrim or taking care of chams, im usually on here! Somtimes at the same time:rolleyes:

Rollercoasters are awsome...

Sometimes i do work and creep at the same time. i swear i must think of my chams 1000 times a day.

and haha rollercoasters....
weee weee eweeee

Sometimes i do work and creep at the same time. i swear i must think of my chams 1000 times a day.

and haha rollercoasters....
weee weee eweeee

Roller coasters are not fun for wimps that are afraid to go upside down occasionally. *coughmybrothercough*

I can deal with growling dogs, hissing chams, and all the bugs to feed them...
but upside down rides make me cry.

and to the OP, i swear we arent all crazy.. usually. ;)

I have to deal with dogs growling at my cham and my cham hissing at my dog when I get home from school everyday. Somehow my dog can open the door... It has no lock...

I have to deal with dogs growling at my cham and my cham hissing at my dog when I get home from school everyday. Somehow my dog can open the door... It has no lock...
ive dealt with...
kink (veiled) crawling into my ferret cage.
kermit (hoe)escaping under a closed door, and ending up 20 feet away, past the dog, and cat. 24 hours later (yes he went missing that long)
the dog wants to be friends with the chams, they could care less.
kink wants to be friends with kermit, and visits his cage regularly.

Back
Top Bottom